Chapter 28

Jorja's POV

James meets me in the bedroom after he's shown the girls to their rooms.

"I should have got them sooner. My poor girls had to suffer for ages!" James cries.

"Honey, it wasn't your fault. You left Abby for a reason and yes, you probably should have taken action earlier, but it's not your fault it happened in the first place," I explain. James smiles at me.

"If I hadn't left her, I wouldn't have found the love of my life. Thanks, Jorja," he says. I smile back at him and we slide into bed. We fall asleep quickly. James wakes me up in the morning and we go downstairs. The girls come down as well. "We need to talk, girls," I say. James, Kalani, Kenzie and I sit down at the table.

"Kalani, Kenzie, I think it's best to call the police," James explains.

"No! Even if they did what they did, they are still out mom and sisters. We can't do that to them! Well, at least not to Maddie!" Kenzie exclaims.

"Maddie? " I ask, "I thought you were closer to Kendall."

"I was, but then... I should start from the start. Melissa was our mom for a while and Maddie and I weren't close, but leading up to Melissa's business trip, Maddie got meaner and meaner. Then when Melissa left, we went to live with mom. They were both mean to me, but because Maddie and I were never that close, it didn't hurt me that much. Kendall came and helped me out of that first situation; we were super close, closer than Maddie and I ever were. But then it started again, and this time Kendall was on mom and Maddie's side. It stabbed me in the back harder than a thousand swords. I didn't know what I did wrong for her to hurt me like this. I was in the dark, but instead of turning the light on, Kendall closed the door and made the room darker. But then Kalani came and then there was you and... you know the rest," Kenzie explains.

"Oh, I didn't realise, I'm so sorry," I apologize.

"Don't worry, it isn't your fault," Kenzie assures.

"But back to them?" James asks.

"I want to turn Mom and Kendall in, that's it," Kenzie answers.

"We can't do that though. It's either all or none," James explains.

"But I want Kendall and Mom to, not Maddie! So, nobody goes!" Kenzie exclaims.

"But Kenz, it's right for mom to go to jail! She broke the law!" Kalani argues.

"No! Then Maddie will have to go!" Kenzie shouts.

"But it's the right thing to do!" Kalani exclaims.

"GIRLS!" I yell. They stop talking and turn to look at me. Kenzie bursts into tears and runs out of the room. Kalani shakes her head at me and follows Kenzie. I look at James.

"It wasn't your fault. You were just trying to stop them arguing," James assures.

"Yes, but I know what they've been through! I shouldn't have yelled, now I feel really bad," I express.

"It's ok, they'll understand," James promises. I don't know. I don't think they'll be so forgiving. James follows the girls and I'm left alone in the room. I sit down and cry. I don't know how I could have yelled at them! It was an accident! I shouldn't have, but I wasn't thinking. They were fighting and I just wanted them to stop! After all I've been through, I should know better than anyone what it feels like to be yelled at like that after such a traumatic experience. I just wanted... never mind. I want them to love me, but they won't ever after that. I am the worst person ever. I just think it's best if I leave.