Chapter 23

Kendall's POV

I can't believe Maddie did that duet with Kalani. She actually sabotaged Chloe and Paige's duet! I can't believe her. She was finally back to being nice, and now this! She's back to being a selfish brat. We've done our group dance and we go on stage for awards. Solos are up first.

"In third place... Entry Number 55, Mackenzie, Wish in the Well." Kenzie goes up to collect her third-place award.

"In second place... Entry Number 45, Kendall, Ghost." I go up to collect my award.

"And in first place... Entry Number 43, Maddie, No More Lies." Ugh. Maddie doesn't deserve 1st place after what she did to Paige and Chloe. Maddie smiles and collects her award. We go back and sit down and wait for the duet awards.

"In third place for the duet awards... Entry number 23, Spring." Two girls go collect their award.

"In second place... Entry number 13, Help is on the way." That's Chloe and Paige's duet. Guess what? Kalani and Maddie will probably have beaten them. And Chloe and Paige would have won if it weren't for Maddie and Kalani's duet.

"And in first place... Entry Number 60, Two Sapphires." Kalani and Maddie go up to collect their award and I can see Mom smiling in the audience. She's horrible. Chloe and Paige could have easily won, but they didn't. We return to the dressing room. There's a huge traumatizing fight that I don't want to explain. I don't even want to remember it. To make a long story short, Kelly thought Kalani was replacing Brooke and Paige and they... they left. I really don't like Kalani right now. She drove Brooke and Paige away! Mom asks for a word with Kalani's mom in the hallway. I go to the door to eavesdrop.

"... Kalani... permanent member... LA... commitment." I only make out a few words, but from what I can gather, Kalani is going to move from LA to be a permanent member of our team! She definitely won't be welcomed warmly. Mom and Kira, Kalani's mom, come in.

"Listen up girls. I have an announcement to make," Mom declares.

"We have a new member of the team. Please give a warm welcome to... Kalani and her mom, Kira!" Mom announces. Christi rolls her eyes because she and Chloe have just lost their best friends on the team. Maddie and Mom are the only ones who clap. Mom glares and Kenzie and I and we start clapping as well.