Chapter 35

Kendall's POV

"Go ahead. If you call the police, I'll ruin you and your daughter's lives. And your careers," Mom threatens. If JoJo and her mom think they can beat us? They're absolutely wrong.

"I-" JoJo starts. But before she can continue, her mom interrupts.

"We... we... we won't call them," Jessalyn stutters. Mom smirks. Of course she'd be too chicken to call them. And if she called them and took mom to jail, she couldn't ruin anyone's lives or careers. Gosh, Jessalyn is so dumb.

"Good. You can stay at the studio until we leave each day. You will do everything I say, and you won't complain about anything. OR ELSE," Mom demands. Jessalyn and JoJo nod.

"Now get out of here before I change my mind," Mom insists. JoJo and her mom run out of the studio as fast as they can.

"Right. Kendall, drop the brats at school. I'll drop Maddie," Mom explains. I nod. I love my pink sportscar. I'm glad I was able to be on this side. But I can't help but remember what it's like... No. What am I thinking? My life is great now. I'm happy as I am.

"Can't I take my car?" Maddie complains. She hates being driven by Mom. All the cool girls drive in their own cars. Even if her mom is Abby Lee Miller, the other girls still tease her for it.

"Maddie! Do you not appreciate me, going out of my way, to drop you to school?" Mom asks.

"No! It's just-" Maddie starts.

"Mackenzie! Kalani! Out! NOW!" Mom yells. Kalani looks terrified and they scurry out of the room.

"Maddie! I am driving you to school, whether you like it or not! No excuses!" Mom exclaims. Maddie sighs, but she hasn't given up yet.

"But Mom!" Maddie whines.

"Maddie! Stop arguing with me!" Mom commands.

"But the other girls-" Maddie moans.

"MADISON NICOLE MILLER! STOP ARGUING WITH ME! I PAY GOOD MONEY FOR YOU TO GO TO THIS PRESTIGIOUS SCHOOL AND YOU AREN'T EVEN GRATEFUL TO HAVE YOUR MOTHER TO DROP YOU OFF!" Mom yells. I flinch, even though it's not me being yelled at. It isn't often that Mom yells at Maddie, but when she does, Maddie's anxiety gets worse. Maddie gasps. Mom looks at me. I don't know what's going through her mind. Is she still mad? Do I need to knock some sense back into her?

"Kendall appreciates everything I do for her, but you're and ungrateful little brat, isn't she, Kendall?" Mom asks. I see an anxious, pale, deathly scared looking Maddie look at me.

"Mom! This is Maddie we're talking about! Your perfect little angel, remember? She just doesn't want to be bullied by some mean girls at school," I explain, trying to get her to remember. Maddie bursts into tears.

"Crybaby," Mom mutters. "Kendall, I want you in my office." What does she want now? And what about Maddie? I follow mom to her office and sit down opposite her.

"Mom, that's your perfect little angel," I try again.

"I know, but she's acting like a brat," Mom describes.

"Mom, I understand you don't want her to grow up, but we're in high school! People get bullied for having their moms dropping them off. Even if your mom was Kim Kardashian, or Abby Lee Miller!" I exclaim.

"You're right. She's 16. I should give her more freedom. My perfect little angel," Mom agrees.

"Your perfect little angel, with anxiety," I continue.

"Oh, my Maddie!" Mom exclaims as she runs out of the room, with me in her trail. Maddie is sitting on a bench in the studio in tears.

"Maddie!" Mom cries. Maddie's tear stained face looks up.

"Oh my Maddie! I'm so sorry! I just don't want you to grow up, my baby," Mom explains. Mom bursts into tears and hugs Maddie. Maddie hugs her back.

"You can drive yourself to school if you want," Mom allows. Maddie smiles.

"You can't let Mackenzie or Kalani see you like this, I'll take them to school," I say. Mom nods and I leave. Mackenzie and Kalani are laughing in the dancer's den.

"Stop laughing, brats. I'm taking you to school, get in my car," I demand. Mackenzie and Kalani quickly stop laughing and scurry out of the studio and into my car. We drive to the school and pull up in the car park.

"Get out, rats," I insult. They jump out of the car and run off. I didn't even get a 'thank you for driving me to school' from them. I'll be sure to tell Mom about that. They'll be in trouble for sure. My two besties join me, Jasmine and Aaliyah. We go into school for another day of boringness. And hopefully we can torment little Mackenzie again today, the little brat. She doesn't stand a chance against us.