Chapter 11

Kenzie's POV

Miss Abby jumps at me, but Kendall gets in the way.

"What did you hear?" Kendall asks.

"About your sleepover," Miss Abby replies.

"What about it?" Kendall inquires.

"It's not happening."

"What? Why not?"

"Something came up last minute. Melissa needs the girls back at home tonight," Miss Abby explains.

"But – " Kendall starts.

"But what?" Miss Abby asks. Kendall can't let our secret out. She tells Miss Abby that it doesn't matter and Miss Abby nods. I have a huge night of terror ahead of me. This can't be happening! This was my one chance to escape! I need to tell someone. They can get me out of this nightmare finally. I run out of the room, Kendall closely following me. We go to the empty changerooms.

"Kendall? We need to tell someone," I insist.

"I agree. But who?" she asks.

"I don't know. Your mom? Kelly? All of the moms?" I reply.

"Why don't we call your mom?" Kendall suggests.

"No! We can't ruin the trip for her," I object.

The door opens and Paige walks in. We turn to look at her and freeze. She sees our expressions and questions them. I turn to whisper in Kendall's ear.

"We need to tell her," I whisper. Kendall nods in agreement. We turn back to Paige.

"Paige, there's something huge we need to tell you," Kendall explains.

"I need to tell you something too!" Paige exclaims.

"You first then," I insist.

"Your mom is better!" she happily justifies.

"Wait what? How?" I ask.

"She just walked through the door! Miss Abby and Maddie are waiting for you outside the door, Kenzie!" Paige tells us.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yes! Now, what did you want to tell me?" she replies.

"Oh. Doesn't matter," Kendall declares.

I walk out the door and see Miss Abby and Maddie waiting for me. Miss Abby grabs me and hisses in my ear to not utter a word about what has happened. Out of fear, I nod, and she pulls me through the door. My mom is standing there! I run up to her and give her a huge hug. She hugs me back. Finally, my nightmare of a life is over! I can safely live with my mom again! Maddie runs up and gives her a hug too. She tells mom all of these imaginary, made-up stories about how nice Miss Abby was, taking us to all these nice places and how we had such a good time. Mom tells us that we've been patient. But everyone is standing there confused. Mom decides to tell them the truth.

"I haven't really been sick, guys. I have just been on a business trip to Australia and the girls have been staying with Abby," she explains. Everybody looks less confused and happier for us.

Here's Chapter 11 guys!! BTW, I don't update this the same as I write.I am going to put, and you are the luckiest human beings on earth, 10 chapters up today including this one!!! Enjoy!! It means the world to me when one person votes, I am going to say thank you to my most recent voter: @TeamChloeTilTheEnd!! The first person to vote on each of my chapters will have a shoutout in the next one, unless they don't want it to be them, then they can message me. Thanks again, comment your thoughts and enjoy the next 9 chapters!!                                              xoxo Steph😘😘