Chapter 16

Kenzie's POV

Maddie throws the door open.

"Food. NOW, MACKENZIE!" Maddie holds her hand out. I am so scared and don't know what to do except giving her my food. I reach over to pick up my food, but Kendall stops me.

"It's two against one, Kenz," she whispers.

"Oh my god, Kendall. Do you actually think I'm deaf? And that's so cute that you call her 'Kenz', not. Ew," Maddie says. Kendall stands up.

"I'm not gonna let you treat her like this, Maddie. Stay away from her. You're better than this," she states.

"Seriously? Like I'm gonna let some little girl tell me what to do," Maddie smirks. "MACKENZIE? What did I say?" Maddie asks. I reach out for the food again. Mom clearly heard Maddie scream at me.

"Maddie? You need help up there?" Mom asks.

"Uh, no, I'm alright, mom," she replies. I don't know why she said that, she's obviously struggling. "Mackenzie, give it to me, now," Maddie demands. I grab the food and start to walk over to her. Kendall grabs my arm and pulls me back.

"No, Kenzie, you aren't giving that food to her," Kendall insists.

"Of course, she is," Maddie argues.

"Maddie, stop being so selfish. Kenzie will never ever give you those noodles," Kendall states.

"Hey guess what squirt? There's a little saying you might know. Respect your elders, honey," Maddie insults. Kendall's only 3 months younger than Maddie though!

"Maddie, Kendall's only 3 months younger than you though," I say. But that moment was the moment that mom chose to come in.

"MACKENZIE FRANCES MILLER! DO I HEAR YOU GIVING BACKCHAT TO MY PERFECT PRINCESS?" Mom yells.

"N... no, mom" I reply.

"Mackenzie, give me your food, NOW," Mom demands. Kendall doesn't dare talk back to mom. She knows what mom is capable. I hand her the food and she snatches it from me. Mom hands the noodles to Maddie and tells her to take it downstairs.

"Get here, Mackenzie," Mom insists. I slowly walk up to her. She grabs me by the arm and drags me through to her bedroom. Kendall discreetly follows us and films us. She slaps me in the face, punches me in the gut and kicks my legs until I fall over and can't stand anymore. I really hope Kendall gets this video to someone and helps me, because this pain is kind of unbearable. I can see Kendall filming in the doorway and I seriously hope she doesn't get caught. I start to head towards the door and try to leave. This is the point she'd usually scream at me and tell me to get out before she hurt me more, so I try to leave.

"MACKENZIE! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GOING? I NEVER SAID I WAS DONE WITH YOU, GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE BRAT!" Mom shouts. I don't wanna go back, but I don't have a choice. I slowly tread back towards mom. She grabs me and slaps my thighs.

"God, your getting so FAT, Mackenzie. NO FOOD FOR 3 MONTHS YOU FAT PIG!" Mom screams. Says her.

"YOU LITTLE PIECE OF," she shouts.

"But... I didn't even do anything!" I complain.

"WHAT HAVE I SAID ABOUT BACKTALKING? AND I KNOW WHAT YOU WERE THINKING YOU BRAT!" she yells.

"What was I thinking then?" I ask.

"AGAIN, WITH THE BACKCHAT, MACKENZIE? AND YOU WERE THINKING I WAS FAT, WEREN'T YOU," she says.

"What? How...?" I stutter.

"I have my ways," Mom glares at me and scratches me across the face with her fake nails. I hope she breaks one. Her nails come off my face flawless, except for a slight bit of skin and blood under the nails.

"DON'T YOU DARE CRY, MACKENZIE MILLER!" Mom yells. I decide to be brave and stand up to her. "Well if you scratch me and hurt me and yell at me, I'm gonna cry," I defend.

"GET OUT OF MY SIGHT AND I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT!" she screams. I scurry out of the door and back into my bedroom, hoping she'll leave me alone. I look at Kendall for 1 second before breaking down into huge sobs. Kendall grabs me and pulls be to a box. She sits me down and tells me to cry. She sees my scar and gasps.

"What happened?" she asks.

"She... she scratched me," I explain.

"Are you ok?" Kendall inquires.

"Yes," I cry.

Maddie opens the door.

"Oh, look who it is! Crybaby 'Kenz' and her little friend Kendall," Maddie insults.

"What do you want, Maddie?" I ask.

"Was that you being rude?" she asks.

"Why does it matter to you?" I inquire.

"Do you want me to tell mom?" she wants to know.

"Go ahead. It can't get any worse than this," I say. Maddie has nothing to say back to me. She walks out of the room.