Chapter 18

Mackenzie's POV

Maddie cuts some of my hair off then ask me if it's enough. Kendall follows us through the door.

"Yes," I reply.

"Yes, WHAT?" Maddie asks.

"Yes, Miss Maddie," I answer. Kendall looks at me with a horrified expression.

"Really, Maddie?" Kendall inquires.

"Really, what brat? Is it your turn now, crybaby? Get in this seat." Maddie demands. Kendall starts to make her way towards the seat as I stand up and stand against the wall.

"HURRY UP, BRAT!" Maddie shouts. Kendall scurries into the seat. Maddie grabs her scissors and cuts a huge amount of Kendall's hair off. Surely Jill wouldn't approve? But Mom is standing in the doorway smirking. She surely would make it less noticeable. Unless... it has to be...

"Get up," Maddie insists. Kendall stands up and stands next to me. Mom walks away from the door. Maddie starts kicking us and punching us. Even I can't take how hard she is on us. Tears spring to my eyes, but I know I have to hide them.

"You gonna cry, Mackenzie? Boo hoo hoo. You're such a baby, you little brat," Maddie waltzes out of the room once I can't hide my tears anymore. Kendall leads me back to my bedroom and gives me a huge hug.

"It's okay, Kenz," Kendall assures. Maddie comes to the door. I don't dare say anything. She drags my mattress out of the room. Once she's gone, mom appears in the doorway.

"GET TO BED, BRATS!" she screams. Kendall and I dive on the floor under the blankets.

"What is this? This will never do!" Mom exclaims. She pulls the blankets off of us and leaves us shivering on the floor in the dark. I huddle close to Kendall.

"Maddie wouldn't cut your hair unless..." I explain. Kendall gasps.

"DON'T YOU DARE TALK TO EACH OTHER!" Mom yells. We shut up and quickly fall asleep.