1. Expecting

Houston, Texas. 2016.

Bin was in front of his office desk, on that sunny Monday morning, trying to catch up with the tons of emails he received over the weekend. With the rate that he's doing it, this will be the only thing that he'll accomplish that day. Running businesses simultaneously and at different time zones was already taking its toll on him. He felt tired even though he had a good rest that weekend in a getaway in Galveston. He thought it would be enough to loosen him up, but with the pile of work in front of him, he thought he needed more. Gone were the days when he can just work straight for a month without a break. Shaking his head, he buzzed his secretary to come in and told her to cancel any meeting scheduled in the afternoon. He had to focus on some issues in one of their companies back home. As he was thinking about it, his phone message tone sounded.

Bin, I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow at 9 AM. Houston Methodist Hospital.

Sighing, he called her secretary and asked if his schedule was free in the morning.

"Yes, Sir, you just have a luncheon meeting with our partner investor, Mr. John Wiley, at 11 AM. Do you want me to cancel it?"

"No, I think it'll work, don't cancel it." Her appointment shouldn't be that long, he thought.

Okay, I I'll go with you. He replied right away.

Thanks Bin. You're the best!

With that, he continued what he's doing...

He's been in Houston for two months now, but he's still not getting used to living here. He missed home. Venturing overseas had been his dad's vision, and he had earned his trust over the years after showing himself successful in launching start-up ventures with various companies abroad. 

After finishing his MBA in Yonsei University, he focused on that side of their businesses and was able to grow their company's worth beyond his father's expectation. The negative side of that, on his end, was that he was tapped to lead this venture with one of the largest petroleum companies in Houston. He needed to stay here for as long as he had to, and that made him miss home more. The positive side, on the other hand, was that some of his friends were just around the area, and with his growing connection, this place would surely feel home to him in the longer run.

The next morning, he hurriedly took a bath when he heard his alarm beeped. 8:15 AM. He didn't hear it rang for the last 15 minutes. Her appointment was at 9 AM. He needed to hurry fast, to be there on time. Thankfully, she lives just opposite of his apartment, since they were in the same apartment complex. After making sure he looked decent, he grabbed his coffee and went to fetch her.

Ding. Ding.

She should be ready, he thought. Finally, he heard footsteps.

"Bin!" She beamed, looking beautiful with her blue jumper dress, which highlights the small bump on her belly.

"Would you like to have some coffee, I brewed some?"

Bin lifted his tumbler to show he's got some already. "You ready? We need to go, we don't want to be late. It's a new doctor right?"

"Yeah, my previous ob-gyn just left for Florida, and she recommended her as replacement." She replied as they walked towards his car.

Bin touched her belly, "Hey baby, be good okay, you'll be meeting your eomma's doctor today."

She smiled at his gesture.

In no less than 15 minutes, they reached the hospital. He dropped her off to the front first before he parked the car and decided to meet at the doctor's office.