17. Last Love

Yejin's time in Seoul was busier than she expected - what was supposedly a two-week visit became more than a month, as she became busy preparing for their wedding in December, meeting Bin's family and her friends, and just settling things in Seoul. Thankfully, she was able to manage all her obligations in Houston remotely, referring her previous patients to other ob-gyns, with Yumi's help. Her superiors understood her decision. In terms of finances, Bin shouldered everything, though she refuses sometimes, as she has enough to cover some expenses like her wedding dress and her personal expenses. Naughtily, Bin hid her cards and just gave her his card to use.

"Love, let me take care of everything. It's not as if we're married already. What mine is yours, love." Bin told her, that morning when she was to meet with Bin's noona, Hae-won for the first time for some errands and wedding prep matters. Because of Bin's busy schedule, Hae-won volunteered to help them out, accompanying Yejin and doing most of the work.

Pouting, she replied. "It's just that I'm not used to depend on someone for finances, love..All my life, I've been earning on my own, except of course for the educational expenses given to me by my Dad...I couldn't imagine relying on you for everything, love..."

"I understand love, you're still adjusting to our married life. I just want you to not worry about finances, let me take care of it huh?" He kissed her gently on her lips, then looked at her eyes, trying to convince her.

"But, I will still do my medical practice here right?" She returned his stare.

"Yeah, of course, but I want you to do it not for earning money, but as your passion. Whatever you want to do my love, I'll support you." Bin said while looking at her lovingly.

She nodded and smiled and gave Bin a smack on his lips. He chuckled. "I've thought of how you can re-pay me."

"Uh I thought it was for free?" She frowned, letting him finish his line.

"No, you have to pay me, as usual, be the cupid to my first love..." He smiled and Yejin wanted to burrow her lips in those dimples.

"Make sure she won't fall out of love with me and that she'll feel loved and taken cared of.."

She giggled at his cheesiness. "Hmmm, that would be a hard job.." She said, teasing him but kissing him on his dimple, not being able to help herself.

"I think, it won't be hard..I might not even need a cupid." He chuckled as she remained in her position. She moved back and laughed. "Yeah, you won't be needing one, I think your first love won't fall out of love.."

"I love you, my Binnie..."

"I love you too, my first love..." And he kissed her deeply. They were interrupted by Yejin's phone ringing, with Hae-won calling. Bin frowned, while she laughed, and answered the call. A few seconds later, she bid goodbye to Bin.

---

December came in a whim and Bin and Yejin got busier as their wedding day approached. Bin was trying to finish his commitments the soonest time possible so he can focus on their wedding and of course, on Yejin. That first week of December, or two weeks before their wedding, they barely managed to spend time together, as Yejin had an everyday appoinment with Hae-won while Bin had a jam-packed schedule for that week, culminating in a three-day conference in Pyeongchang, from Wednesday to Friday.

Hearing his alarm ring, Bin reached for his phone on the bedside table and tried to turn it off, not wanting to awaken Yejin, who is now sleeping soundly in his arms. He turned on the bedside lamp instead to shed some light on her face. He brushed his lips lightly on her forehead and removed gently her arms from his torso. He took a shower and as he went out of the bathroom, now wearing his business attire, he saw her already sitting on the bed, trying to wake herself up. He smiled at her cuteness.