8. Sandpearl

Her Bin.

She felt her jaw dropped, but was able to recover right away.

Choi hugged her before she could say any word. "Yej, it's nice to see you after a long time!!" Choi said while looking at Hali, as if asking as to what to do.

Bin came near and hugged Hali. "Hali, it's nice to see you again."

"Yeah, Bin, it's been a while, still looking good, huh?" She said, while still looking at Choi, as their eyes talked. What now?

"Let's all sit down.." Choi said, looking a bit nervous with the awkward situation they are in.

"Hi Dr. Son." Bin bowed to Yejin.

"Hi Bin." Yejin replied, trying to smile.

"Uhmm, Bin, Yej...we just want to explain. I hope you two would forgive me and Choi here." She said, glaring at Choi, who was scratching his head.

Yejin and Bin just looked intently at her.

"As you know, I invited Yejin to meet us here, after we patched things up. And I didn't tell Choi about it because I wanted to surprise him. But he also wanted to surprise me by inviting you, Bin. So both of us didn't know that each of us had invited the two of you. I only found about it yesterday and we did not know what to do. I told him to tell you Bin and that I would tell you Yej, but he didn't want to. So here are the two of you. We're sorry." She said with a begging look on her face while Choi just looked at them, waiting for their reaction.

With that, Bin chuckled. "Hey Hali, it's fine. Don't worry, we're cool with it, right Yej? We've talked already, so we're good now, right?" Bin said, now looking at Yejin with a genuine smile.

Hearing him say her nickname and seeing that genuine smile with those deep dimples automatically brought a smile on her face. "Yeah, Bin's right. It's okay Hali, Choi, don't worry about it."

Choi exclaimed, "Yes, thank heavens, we can celebrate this surprised reunion now! Gosh, we missed the two of you!"

Hali stood up and hugged Yejin, and then Bin. "Thank you! Let's make it a memorable trip, then?"

Smiling, Yejin nodded, while Bin just stared at her, returning her smile.

"Okay, so Bin will just check in to his room and then maybe we can have dinner at 7 PM. Let's meet at Caretta's, then?" Choi said.

They all agreed to Choi's suggestion and Bin left to check in, while the three of them returned to their own rooms.

-----

Back to her room, Yejin freshened up by taking a bath. As she was arranging her clothes in the closet, she thought it hard to choose what to wear.

Yejin, just choose what you prepared to wear. Why are you acting like a teenager now?

Shaking her head, she chose what she meant to wear that evening, a flower patterned white dress with green cardigan. She put on a light make up and just blow dried her hair. By 6:45 PM, Hali was on her front door.

"Hey, why are you here?"

"Well, I just wanted to make sure, you're okay.."

"Hey, it looked like you're the one that's not okay.."

"I'm really sorry Yej.." Hali guiltily said. 

"Stop saying that, we'll just enjoy, okay, the four of us? We can make it, we're good now, okay?" Yejin said, wrapping her arms around her shoulder.