6. The Talk

Yejin got busy with work in the following days after she met Bin. Though her mind was occupied, she longed to see him again and be able to talk to him. She just wanted the closure that she needed, realizing his situation with Ha-na. To be honest, she still couldn't accept that they're together...but she knew there's no one to blame but herself. This feeling of regret was even more amplified upon seeing them together the first time...and observing how he took care of her, her heart ached more.  And since she started it all, she just wanted to end it well with him, knowing that he's gonna be a father soon. He deserved his happiness, she thought. While immersed in her thoughts, her phone rang. It was Prof. Kim.

"Hi, Dr. Son! How are you?"

"Hi Prof. Kim, I'm fine, you?"

"I'm doing great, of course! Well, I'm calling because we need to follow up on our potential sponsors. I have set a schedule with them so that we can discuss our proposals. Since there are four of them, should we split them between the two of us, to save time? I know we're both busy, right?" Prof. Kim explained.

"Sure, Prof. Kim, it's not a problem."

"Okay, I'll send you the details later, just check your email. Also, I'll attach the proposal as well. Then let's just meet to finalize things so that we can start rolling, okay?

"Sure, I'll wait for your email."

-----

That evening, she received Prof. Kim's email. One entry caught her attention, and she froze upon seeing it.

Sponsor: Hyun Bin, HGC

Meeting schedule: August 3, 2016, 11 AM, 21st floor, HGC Headquarters, The America Tower

Looking aghast, she took note of the schedule. So, she's gonna meet him next week. She got excited with the idea, as she had been mulling about contacting him so as to have a personal talk with him. Maybe, she could get her closure, after all. She sighed...the excitement was replaced with sadness when she realized that would mean it's the "final" end. 

Yejin, are you still hoping? 

Shaking her head, she put the schedule on her planner.

-----

The day before her scheduled meeting, Prof. Kim messaged her to confirm the meeting with Bin's secretary. Though she wanted to, she didn't ask Prof. Kim if Bin knew that it was she who's coming. She's afraid that if he knew, he might cancel it off, so she just proceeded as planned. She rehearsed her presentation, and thought of a way of how she could lead their conversation to the closure that she needed. She hoped and prayed that everything will go well, and that after tomorrow, she could finally start anew as she accepts her fate.

-----

HGC Headquarters

Seeing the very sleek signage, Yejin walked out of the elevator and found herself inquiring at the concierge. The receptionist phoned someone and then allowed her to enter, upon giving her a visitor's ID. She gave her the direction to Bin's office. She entered a reception room, where she found his secretary, who told her to wait for him to call her in. Looking at his door, she saw the signage. 

Hyun Bin, Chairman

She couldn't help but smile and be proud of him. 

He really made it to the top and had proven his capability to his father...despite of what she did to him... 

At that thought, she diverted her attention since she didn't want to start their meeting with her at that vulnerable emotion. Looking down at the folder she's holding, she tried to browse the pages and rehearse on her mind what she would say. A few seconds later, the secretary told her that she can now go inside his office.