12. Waiting

"Your hGC level's at 233 mIU/mL. It's way beyond 5. You're indeed going to be an eomma.."  Yumi said as she looked at the result of her blood test, a few hours after Yejin was tested. 

Yejin was now back in her clinic, going back there after having her blood test. Yumi came to her after she obtained the results.

Counting the days and considering her hGC level, Yejin knew how long she's been pregnant. "I'm on the end of my  4th week now."

"What will you do now?"

She just looked at Yumi. "I don't know..."

"You should tell him."  Yumi urged her.

"I'm not sure...he's in a chaos right now. I don't wanna add up to it." Her eyes were filled with sadness.

"But it's his responsibility Yej..He must know!"  Yumi insisted. She knew how strong Yejin is because of what she's been through in the past, but she just cannot allow her to just be by herself in this pregnancy.

"I'll tell him..but not now.." Yejin said.

"Okay, how do you feel now?" Relieved, Yumi asked Yejin.

"I'm fine...maybe I'm just shocked..." Yejin felt herself coming to her senses now.

"Yeah, you should rest...Do you want to go home?" 

"No..I'll work today.." She felt like she will just overthink if she rested at home. It's much better to make her mind occupied.

"Okay Yej, I'm just right here, if you need anything.." Yumi told her.

'Sure, Yumi...Would you be my ob-gyn?" She finally smiled.

"My pleasure!" They finally laughed about it and Yumi left her.

Yejin finally started to get back on her feet. She checked on about two more patients that morning, and she managed to eat lunch before 1 PM. She just had her food delivered from the hospital's restaurant. She sighed. She needs to take care of this baby...her baby...their baby...Her hand moved to her tummy.

My baby...I'm sorry...your appa is away...but we will tell him soon about you...he just needed to go through some things...let's pray that all will be well with him...

At that point, she felt at peace...she decided that she'll stay positive for her baby and for her Bin. Whatever happens, she will love this baby...the fruit of their love, that night...With Bin's smiling face flashing through her mind, she smiled...

My love...you're gonna be a father soon...I miss you...I'll take care of our baby...

Immense joy suddenly filled her...and she was excited to the journey ahead of her...She's going to be a mother. Though it's not by the way she wanted it to be...but it's enough to make her happy and live for the day...

I love you my little love...

She whispered to her tummy...with that she stood up and obtain from the adjacent cabinet an empty pregnancy journal which she normally gives to her patient...because today, her patient is herself...She smiled and started to write on her booklet.

-----

That Saturday morning, Yejin woke up early since her scheduled catch up with Hali and Choi were moved to an earlier time because of Hali's condition. She's still trying to gauge whether to tell them or not at this point because she didn't want Bin to know yet.