15. Secret Surprise

After their eventful get-away in Galveston, Bin and Yejin visited Yejin's aunt in Waco, introducing Bin as her fiancé. Her aunt graciously entertained them. They also met with Yumi and Matt and they have also video called Hali and Choi to inform them that they were now officially together.

The couple then spent their days with Bin accompanying Yejin to just anywhere she went, from going to her clinics everyday, both in the women's center and in the hospital, to just running any errand.  They were just inseparable. During her clinic hours, Bin was able to work in the small room in her clinic.

His two weeks in Houston would end soon, and he and Yejin had already talked about their arrangement after he proposed to her.

While working one morning in her clinic, Bin recalled their conversation after proposing to her in Galveston.

---

While sitting on the sand by the shore, Bin laid out his plans for them. "Love, let's get married here, before I leave...I promise, I will give you your dream wedding once we get everything in place." He said, referring to his family situation. He just wanted to marry her that time, since he thought it's been long overdue.

Yejin smiled. "Love, my dream wedding would be any kind of wedding with you as my groom..." She cupped his face. "Don't worry about that. I want to be married to you anytime, anywhere." 

He wasn't able to resist kissing her with her declaration.

"Okay, then, let's apply for the marriage license tomorrow, and schedule the ceremony at the City of Houston Municipal Courts." Bin said excitedly. 

"Hmm..how did you know the process? It seemed like you've researched on that."

"Of course! And love, another favor, can we keep it a secret for now, even with Hali and Choi? I'm sorry for asking you this..I just need time when I come back to Korea to tell my family, then we can schedule our wedding with all of our friends and family whenever and wherever you want."

"Sure love, a secret marriage it is, then!" She smiled. "And hmm, I think we should wed then in Seoul? Almost all the people special to us are there, right?"

"Thanks for understanding..and sure, Seoul it is, whatever you wish, my love."

"Then, where do we settle after?" Yejin asked him.

"Hmm..you can continue your practice here and I'll go back and forth from Seoul to here? And you can come with me in my business trips from time to time."

Thinking, Yejin agreed. "Okay love..." 

Yejin noticed that he didn't ask for her to come to Seoul..and at that time, she wasn't sure of herself as well. She's been in Houston for five years and she had dreams of specializing again at UTHealth. Maybe that would be feasible at this time, she thought.

"Love, have I told you that I wanted to specialize again at UTHealth, right? Maybe around two years from now."

"I'll support you, love." Bin smiled and assured her. They kissed and felt excited with their new life together ahead of them.

A week after Bin returned to Houston, they got married at the municipal court that Saturday, October 22, 2016, 10 AM, with the ceremony lasting for 20 minutes. They were just dressed normally, albeit their happiness gave them the glow of a very excited bride and groom. They just booked a suite at JW Marriot Hotel in downtown Houston over that weekend to celebrate. 

---

Smiling at their secret wedding picture in his laptop, Bin came back to his senses when he felt Yejin's arms wrap around him as she started to kiss him on his dimples.