11. Morning

As the sun touched the sky, Bin was awakened by the message tone of his phone. Remembering what happened last night, he moved his hands to the side of his bed, only to find it empty...

He opened his eyes and looked around but did not see any trace of her.

"Yej? Yej?!!"

He tried to shout...no one answered...

Wrapping the robe from a nearby table, he went out of the room to the restroom and still didn't find her..Wondering, he went back and took his phone to check the message. It was Hali.

Bin, we didn't wake you up. Choi and I went around town. Yej left early this morning, she has an emergency C-section this afternoon, she took a flight back to Houston at 9 AM. She just messaged me and told me to give her number to you. So here it is: 281-273-2854. We'll see you at lunch.

Bin looked at the clock. 10 AM. She's probably on her flight now. He tried to call her, but it was unattended. He missed her already. He remembered and smiled at what happened.

My first love. Recalling her beautiful face, he sighed. Finally, all the heaviness has lifted up. His pain was gone. And he's excited to start anew with her. With these thoughts, he happily went to the shower.

When he came back, his phone rang. His mother.

"Eommoni?" He said, thinking why she would call, if it's around midnight in Korea.

"My son..." He heard her cry..

"Eommoni, what happened, tell me.." Now nervous, he sank to his bed..

"Your Abeoji..."

-----

Yejin just finished her operation and was drained by the series of events that day...or the previous night...she smiled, recalling how she spent the night with Bin, and falling asleep in his arms, just as she had always dreamt. She pouted when she recalled that she just wasn't able to wake up in his arms and enjoyed the morning cuddling with him...the disadvantage of being a doctor on-call...

It was already 8 PM and she was famished since the last meal she ate was the quick lunch from the airport. She went to her car and before she started it, she once again looked at her phone, with still an empty battery. She sighed. He might have called her.

Because she was in a hurry, she left her charger in her room back in Florida. She was not able to charge it, since her extra charger was at her apartment. She told Hali to give him her number instead because Hali didn't have his number, since they just use face time whenever they catch up.

My Bin...I missed you.

This time, she smiled. Her eye-smile now replaced her tears that fell every time he crossed her mind before. Like a teenager, blushing, she happily drove her way home.

She charged her phone as soon as she got inside her room. She ate dinner, took a shower and prepared for sleep. She looked at her phone once again. No call nor any message. Tired due to the long day, she easily fell asleep.

-----

The following morning, Yejin woke up, excited for the new day ahead of her. This has been the most comfortable sleep she had to date, since she left Korea. Though her body's sore from the past days events, she felt energized. She was supposedly still on leave today, so she just decided to rest...and wait for his call. She smiled and got excited to hear his voice again...

Rising up, she cooked breakfast, a thing she hadn't done for a long time. As she was sipping her coffee, her phone rang. It's Hali.

"Yej..it's Hali.." her voice devoid of excitement.