14. The Question

Bin opened his eyes and tried to remember where he was. A few seconds later, he realized he's now in Yejin's apartment in Houston, making him smile. He found himself settled in her sofa. Turning on the lamp beside him, she saw her lying adjacent to him in the sofa, sleeping peacefully. He drew close to her, brushing the hair strands off her face. He smiled, still relieved that he can now enjoy simple moments as this with her now. Staring at her for almost a minute, he was unable to resist himself from kissing her face. He did so gently, but Yejin was still awakened.

"Hmmm.." Looking at him, she smiled. "Love?...." she continued, trying to open her eyes.

She just then threw her arms to him and hugged him, making him chuckle.

"Yes love?" Bin said, now hugging Yejin and touching her head.

"I'm hungry but I'm still sleepy..." Yejin said with her sweet bedroom voice.

"You want to eat? C'mon get up." Amused, Bin tried to pull her up but she hugged him tighter and remained in her position.

"But I'm sleepy."

Bin, now laughing at her cuteness then offered, "Okay, What do you want to eat love?"

With Yejin not answering, he continued, "Hmm..let me just prepare whatever I find in the kitchen for you, then I'll wake you up, just continue sleeping for a few more minutes okay?"

"Oh-huh.." She managed to mutter.

With that, Bin removed her arms from her and went to the kitchen to check what he could prepare for her. He saw a loaf of bread and some sliced cheddar cheese. Seeing her sandwich maker, he prepared grilled sandwiches for them. Looking at the clock, he saw that it's now 1 AM.

Putting the sandwiches on a plate and a glass of fresh milk for her, he brought the tray to her and put it down on the side table. "Love, let's eat."

He assisted her to get up and sat beside her. She continued to just lean on him. Putting his arms around her, he looked at her now half-awakened face. "My baby's still sleepy? Let's eat so you can go back to sleep right away."

Trying to open her eyes, she smiled. "Ohh this is what pregnancy can do to me. Thank you love for being here to take care of me." She said as she finally opened her eyes and ate the sandwich given by Bin, who was also now munching his.

"Anything for you love." He continued, "Let's talk tomorrow about our plans okay? I still need to go back to Seoul in two weeks my love."

"Oh is that so?" Yejin now finally woke up. Hearing it just made her heart ache already.

"Yeah but we'll work and plan things out okay?" He said, while caressing her shoulder.

"Okay." She said, pouting as she drank her milk.

"Let's go to the beach this weekend? I mean today, because it's already past 1 AM." Bin suddenly asked her.

The idea made Yejin excited. "I'd love that, love!"

With that, Bin got his laptop and tried to search for a beach resort near Houston. He showed several resort hotels to Yejin and asked her to choose one, and booked it. With Yejin still sitting on the sofa, Bin stood up and cleaned their leftovers. Going back to Yejin, he saw her smiling but apparently thinking about something.

"Why love?" He asked.

"Where do we sleep?" She replied with a worried voice.

"Haha, in your bed, where else?" Bin said, now pulling her up from sitting.