Hypocrite

Naruto POV

Today was a wonderful day in the village. The sun was shining high in the sky and people were out and about, seemingly enjoying their days. I looked up to the sky as a small smile showed on my face. A small tickle against the side of my neck brought me back down to earth and I looked back to see that my tails had decided to come out. Squinting slightly, I tried to put them back but they only sat there and swayed side to side... tauntingly.

Growing annoyed, I began running around in circles, swiping at them one by one as they each disappeared with a small puff of orange smoke. My diverted attention didn't allow me to notice the people stopping and staring, nor the alpha wolf hybrid approaching me.

Suddenly I felt a strong arm wrap around my midsection to stop me from running around in circles. I looked up and smiled wryly after seeing a few displeased and amused stares being thrown at me.

"What are you doing, Naruto?" Sasuke asked amusedly.

I huffed and pouted with a sigh.

"My tails were taunting me..." I muttered, still embarrassed.

"Well tell me if they come out again. I can think of a few ways to make them go away" he teased.

My face went up in flames as I jumped from his arms. I yelled and told him I was headed to the training grounds. I really wasn't but I would be there later if he would need me so that's all he had to know.

I took a detour and slightly jogged out of the village. I had no idea of where I was going and I was pretty sure that it wasn't a good idea for me to just go roaming but I hadn't been on a walk for a while. Stepping out of the village for a few minutes wouldn't hurt. Plus with how I'd just embarrassed myself, this would surely calm me down a little.

Lost in thought, I didn't feel the multiple eyes on me until I smelt them. Almost immediately, I stopped dead in my tracks and stuck my nose to the air. There were about three alphas near me... otters, they smelled like.

Quickly, I turned around and started into a sprint towards the village entrance. I didn't look back but I could hear them gaining on me. I had almost made it to the village entrance when I didn't hear them anymore.

I slightly slowed down my running and looked all around me but couldn't hear nor smell anyone around me anymore.

Confusion filled me as I stopped and continued to look around me in shock and fear. Were the things that were chasing me just shadow clones?

I calmed a little and sighed, closing my eyes in relief. When I opened them, all three alphas were around me and I shrieked in surprise.

Chuckles ricocheted around me as my fear pheromones began to roll off of me in waves.

"W-wait guys... whatever you're p-planning, please don't. I-"

"Awe, listen to him beg," one began, looking around at his companions with a smirk. "He's going to be begging for something else in just a few. "

"I just can't wait," he began slowly approaching me, "to hear," he was only a few steps away from me now, "you scre-" his sentence was cut off when a shuriken whizzed right by his head.

His forehead began bleeding as he clutched it and looked around frantically. I began to step back slowly as a larger alpha came from behind the shadows of the trees. I recognized this one though. It was Sasuke.

Relief washed throughout my whole body as I ran over to him, fresh tears streaming down my face. Once I reached him, I jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly, crying softly into his shoulder.