Chapter 13

Ned's POV

No one will ever fall in love with her. That's what everyone said when they tried correcting her. Trying to make her up into a lady fit for marriage.

But then why did every man do?

Why do they fall for her?

She was supposed to be an untouched flower in the background but she had bloomed to be quite the eye-catch.

Women tried correcting her posture and looks because they were simply just filled with envy. Not because she needs improving. Rosaline has the features of an Angel and would be embodiment of a lady if not for her anger issues and her addiction to breaking the rules.

I was heading back to the fire when I heard whispers.

"Tristan, stop eating everything", Rose was laughing.

I hid behind a large boulder to watch them without being caught.

"I will....", Tristan replies,"if you kiss me again"

My hands curled into fists. How could he address his superior in that way? Threatening her?

Then it hit me. And hit me hard.

He mentioned again.

They've been seeing each other. How long had this been going on? During Vivian or after her?

"That's not fair", Rosaline was still laughing.

"Nothing in the world ever is my princess", he added.

I watched her as she got up from where she sat, walked over to him and slowly sat on his lap; curling her legs around his waist and placing her hands on his neck,"Fine. You get your wish my Knight"

I wanted to yell stop but what I was seeing was too much for me to handle. She was willingly giving herself to him.

She placed her hands on his cheeks and brought down her face to his and kissed him.

I was trembling now.

My hands itched to grab my sword and kill him where he stood but I was prevented by James. He had grabbed my hand.

"Let go of me James or may the gods help you, I would slay you right as you are now", I practically hiss between clenched teeth.

He let go but shook his head,"Don't do it. You're going to regret it. If you love her, you would understand the pain it would put her through. No one would have her then. She would be unhappy"

I calmed down enough to question my actions,"She would find a better man. Perhaps it won't be me. But someone else maybe"

"And though you say it now", James paused before continuing,"you'll be planning his murder next whoever the poor sod would be"

"James? Ned?", Rosaline was now standing next to the bolder. She must have heard noises.

"I heard voices. Thank god it was you both", she let out a sigh.

I had to admit, Rosaline really knew how to sneak up on people. She was as silent and as deadly.

"The meat is done", she adds.

"Music to my ears", James gets up and bows to her before heading to the fire where no doubt, Tristan was.

"What were you both doing behind here?", she asked. Her eyes were laced with curiosity.

"We we're sharing trade secrets", I lie smoothly,"We didn't need you both interfering"

Her eyes portrayed she was not yet to believe me but her lips said otherwise,"Alright then. Come and eat before the meat gets cold"

"It'll be a feast", I smile and get up to follow my sister.

Tristan and Ned were immersed in a deep conversation about a certain fighting technique when we arrived. Their share of the food was eaten and the leaf covers were cast aside and forgotten.

"Why did you fools throw away the covers? We were supposed to collect the Grease remember?",Rose scolded.

"Sorry Lady Rose", James laughed,"But that was the last thing I'd ever want to drink"

"It's good energy", Rose huffs before sitting down on a log.

James went on,"Our journey to the South isn't that treacherous that we would be short of food. There's many villages in between us and the South. Plenty of forests to hunt. I say in another month, we'd reach the South with no problem"

"You can never know", Rosaline muttered.

This made me smile for a reason I didn't yet know. Before regretting it, I sat down next to her and placed my arm around her shoulder, pulling her close. She obliged; oblivious to the reason.

I could almost sense the intensity of the stare Tristan was directing before I could see it.

James wasn't fazed as much as I thought he would. He just looked a bit confused and went on poking the fire with a stick.

I rubbed her shoulder, trying to make her as warm as I could without overstepping any boundaries that would have her suspect me.

She lets out a sigh in comfort. It was a cold night and it was sure to be a long What with the stares I'm getting lately.

Rosaline shrugged my hand off suddenly,"I'm going to eat and then sleep next to Storm. You boys enjoy your meal"

She picked up her share and walked away, not aware of how much her actions hurt me.

Sure, she didn't know I loved her that way but still, that shrug was so ignorant.

So like her.

Completely oblivious to the truth when it stood right next to her.

Would she love me that way? Her own brother? Would she marry me and become the lady of the North? My Queen? I've already decided I won't care about what our parents would say as long as she consented to it.

But will she?