𝙲𝚊𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗?

PART ONE

You were excited for today.

It was your best friend's wedding. She has been your best friend since you were 6 years old. It was her big day but in some way it was a really important day for you as well; seeing her taking this big step in her life makes you so proud and happy for her.

You were dressed with a beautiful burgundy dress. You looked at yourself in the mirror and smiled. You loved it. You did some waves on your hair, and your make up was natural, with dark lipstick, nearly looking like your dress.

You grabbed your purse, putting your phone and more things you needed in it and left.

You got into your car and headed to the church. You were kind of nervous because you only knew 3 people of all who were invited to the wedding; and being shy didn't really help.

• • •

Outside the church after the ceremony...

"Don't worry, y/n. I know you don't know anybody here but I chose you the best company for lunch." -Your best friend said with a smile.

"Yeah I guess, but you know, it's hard for me to-" -She interrupted me.

"Hey, do you trust me?" -She asked raising one eyebrow, grabbing both of your shoulders.

"Of course." -You replied.

"Don't worry then, you'll see it's going to be great." -She winked at you. -"Now let's get going!"

• • •

The banquet.

When you all arrived to the big restaurant where all the guests were going to have lunch, you started looking for your table.

"Seven, seven..." -You whispered looking at the numbers on each table. -"Here it is!" -You thought. It was a table for 6 people but you were the only one there. You sat down.

You took your phone and checked your notifications. Then a voice spoke.

"Hello, may I?" -He pointed at the chair next to you. You looked up at him. He was handsome, he was on a beautiful suit and his hair was a perfect quiff.

"Yes, of course!" -You smiled shyly.

"Thank you." -He smiled too and sat down. -"I'm Alex, by the way."

"I'm y/n, it's nice to meet you Alex."

"Beautiful name, it suits you." -He poured some wine on his glass. You blushed, of course.

"T-thank you." -You looked down at your hands, which where on top of the table.

"So... who are you?" -He asked.

"Hmm, i'm y/b/f/n's best friend. Knew her since we were kids." -You smiled again.

"Oh! She had told me about you. I just didn't know you were..." -He shut his mouth. You looked at him narrowing your eyes slightly.

"I were....?" -You asked.

"Well... I just... didn't know you were this pretty." -He took a sip from his drink. He took the wine bottle. -"You want some?"

"Yes, sure." -You smiled. -"And thank you." -You said as he poured the drink in your glass.

"You're welcome, love." -He left the bottle again on the table.