𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚍𝚘.

It was just Monday.

The week had just started and you were already tired of everything. Your job was tiring as hell, some clients were rude, your boss was always in a bad mood...

These past weeks, the only thing that made you think the day was worth it, was the fact that Alex would be waiting for you at home after work.

You didn't know how he did it, but he knew perfectly how to cheer you up and make you forget about your problems, which you truly appreciated. You couldn't imagine your days without him.

• • •

You were having a rough day at work, so you decided to call him during your break.

"Can you believe she screamed at me in front of everyone?" -You said, while you were stirring your salad with the fork. -"I seriously can't handle the way she talks to me anymore."

"I know, darling." -He said softly. -"She should talk to you the way you deserve."

"Maybe I don't deserve it?"

"What? Of course you do." -He said firmly. -"You're brilliant doing what you do. Why on earth would you think that?"

"I don't know Alex, i'm just..."- You massaged your temple. -"I'm just so done."

"Just hold on a bit more, ok?" -You murmured a "mm-hmm" while nodding, even though he couldn't see you. -"You will be soon here with me again, and I have good news for you."

"Oh, really? What is it?"

"I'm not going to tell you yet." -He giggled. -"I want to see your face when I explain everything to you."

"I can't wait to hear it, then."

"Same here, y/n." -You smiled. You loved the way your name sounded when it came from his mouth. -"Anyways, I have to hang up now, Matt is already here."

"Ok, baby. I love you." -You said.

"I love you more, darling. I'll see you later." -He replied and you both ended the call.

You sighed, putting your phone inside your bag and, after Alex's call, you were ready to face the rest of your day.

• • •

It was finally time to be back home. You parked and headed to the door.

"I'm back home." -You said once you entered the house, but no one replied.

"Alex?" -You frowned while silence filled the room. He wasn't at home yet.

You really couldn't wait to see him, it was your favourite part of the day, but seeing that he was still out, you decided to change your clothes into comfy ones and relax for a bit.

One hour later, while you were still upstairs laying in bed, you heard the front door open and close. Alex was back.

"Y/n?" -He said. -"You here already?"

"Yeah, I'm here." -You replied, jumping from the bed and walking down stairs. You hugged him tightly but he had his arms behind his back. -"You're not going to hug me back or...?" -You giggled.

"Sorry, I really want to but... look." -He showed you what he had in his hands, with a smile on his face. They were two bags and he put them on the counter.  -"I know you've been having rough days at work lately, that's why I wanted to do something cool tonight for you and I."