Let's get lost!

"Come on Alexander David Turner, for God's sake!" -You heard Alex talking to himself in his studio. -"You've written hundreds of songs, why are ya so stuck with this one?"

Alex has been working on the new Arctic Monkeys album for months now, and he was in that moment where he barely could find new ideas - and you didn't really like it when he was like that because his mood changed completely.

You knocked on the door and he told you to come in.

"Are you ok?" -You asked him softly by the studio's door once you opened it. He was with his elbows on the desk, his hands grabbing his head, shaking it slightly.

"No." -He complained. -"I just cannot manage to find clever lines and I'm so fuckin' frustrated."

"You shouldn't push yourself so much, love." -You hugged him from behind around his shoulders. Alex put his hands on your arms, leaning his head on you. -"And I know you'll eventually write more of those amazing songs that never fail to surprise anyone."

You heard him sigh deeply and he turned around with a tiny smile. -"Don't ya always know what to say in the right time?"

"I guess it's a virtue." -You smiled and pecked his lips. -"You know what would help?"

"What?" -He raised one of his eyebrows.

"Some fresh air." -You suggested. -"Let's get lost!"

"Y/n, I don't know I... I really need to finish this."

"It's just for a while." -You pouted and Alex snorted, knowing you always did that so he would give in. -"And relaxing for a bit will help you, trust me, Al."

Alex stared at you, probably thinking about what to do. He looked at his notebook, full of paragraphs and crossed out sentences, it looked like a mess. Then he looked back at you and nodded.

"You win." -He stated, closing the tiny book. -"Let's get lost."

You squaled and kissed him again, feeling him smile through it. You both were already dressed so you just grabbed his hand and your car keys, and left. Nothing else mattered.

"So where are we going?" -He asked, looking at you as he sat on the passenger side.

"Uh, I don't know." -You shrugged. -"I just wanna take random streets and highways and see where it takes us."

He laughed. -"So it was literally gettin' lost, eh?"

"Yeah." -You smiled. -"It'll be fun."

"Of course." -He placed his hand on your leg. -"As long as you know how to come back home..."

"Don't you trust me?" -You asked.

"Well, you do get lost pretty easily." -He tried to hide his smile. -"And I'm sure that if you weren't with me whenever you did, you'd still be 'round England drivin' God knows where."

"I hate you so much, you know that?" -You rolled your eyes.

"I know you don't." -He chuckled, giving your thigh a little squeeze. -"Let's put some music on, shall we?"

That's how started the most fun car trip ever.

• • •

"You were right." -You heard Alex next to you.

"I was?" -You smiled.

You both found a very nice place to eat somewhere in the city. None of you knew where exactly you were, though.

"Mm-hm." -He closed his eyes as the wind touched his face, making his now long hair go a bit crazy. -"I needed this, I was driving meself insane at home."

You hugged him from his side and he instantly put his arms around you as well. -"I knew this would help."

"Thank you." -He kissed your temple.

"And well... you were right too." -You looked up at him.

"Me?" -Alex asked. -"About what?"

"About me getting lost easily." -You laughed and he joined you. -"Thankfully that woman knew how to help us."

"Don't forget to mention that woman was like 87."

He kept joking about it and you just got lost in the moment, thinking about how lucky you felt for having someone like him by your side. How happy he made you with just little things.

"...Right?" -Alex said laughing, but you weren't listening to him. -"Y/n?"

"Uh, sorry what?" -You said quickly, turning your heard towards him.

"What were ya thinkin' about?"

"Nothing." -You said and he raised one eyebrow. -"Just bear with me, my man... I just lost my train of thought once again."

Alex was smiling big but suddenly his mouth was a perfect "o", just like his eyes.

"Why that fa-"

You were about to finish your question but he interrupted you grabbing your purse eagerly. He looked like crazy for something in it until you noticed what he wanted:

His notebook and his lucky pen...

or at least he said it was.

You smiled as you saw him writing down whatever came to his mind. He looked very concentrated, as if he was trying hard not to forget any of the words he had thought about.

"Did you really bring your notebook here?" -You asked giggling.

"Of course." -He stated. -"I knew this would happen, darlin'."

"What exactly?"

"You giving me ideas." -He pecked your lips. "Thank you again, my muse."

____________________

This is probably the worst and shortest idea I've ever had but I've been ages without updating this one and this came up to my mind and well... I said why not? 🙃

+ Thank you for all the love this book gets, you all are the best!

❤️