Chapter 29: Girls day out

After Martin went home for the day Mentor sent me off of pick up his order of car parts. That right, he sent me, a fourteen year old girl, to pick up car parts. He was taking a break from his usual random gadgets to work on one of his more older cars. I had no idea what he ordered but from the picture I can say it was made of metal... Or something.

As I walked into the shop everyone stared at me. I was wearing sunglasses, tight jeans and oh yeah, I was a GIRL in an auto store. "What you need?" The guy at the counter did an odd gesture. I showed him the receipt. "Oh! You're Cancer's little girl! Okay, I got it right here." He handed me a heavy box. "Thank you" I half smiled and walked out. All I heard behind me was a "Damn! Gurl," and I wanted to kick whoever that was in the place that hurt.

When I got back home mentor took the box and then said he was going out on some business trip and that he'll be back soon. Immediately I thought, "THEN WHY COULDN'T YOU GET YOUR PARTS YOURSELF?!" But instead I went with a simple, "okay."

As I walked up to my room my phone began ringing. I grunted, "Hell-o!" There was a loud scream and I immediately knew who it was. SH*T! Why'd I answer! "Omg! Where have you been! Why don't you pick up your phone?"

I have to say, I missed her hyperactivity. "Hey Tina, yeah I'm fine. I'm at my dad's place. I guess I haven't really been using my phone."

"So, what really happened with you and Tim. Rumors are everywhere!" Typical teens, making up stuff to terrorize other people's lives. "What Rumors."

"Well, a lot of people are saying is that you guys slept together and your parents got angry so they sent you away." I rolled my eyes, WOW. "That's not true. Like I just said, I'm at my dad's house." She sighed in relief, "thank goodness."

"Haha, yeah. How's every body?"g

"Well, everyone is okay. Tim has been really depressed since you left."

Just when I had heard something I wanted to hear. "Really, tell him I said hey. I haven't talked to him since the dance."

"Really? Why haven't you? You guys seemed to really hit it off."

"Ugh, I don't really want to talk about him."

"Why not?"

"Well, he was really dishonest with me, even when I was honest with him." I lied down in my bed on top of the blue blanket. "That sucks Alex. If you want, I can ruff em' up for ya." She offered jokingly. "I'm good, maybe some other time." We talked for about an hour, just chit chat. Nothing super hero-e. Nothing I had to lie about.

The next day, Saturday, I met Tina and we walked around Manhattan for a bit. We went to Times Square and shopped for clothing. And just when you though I couldn't be acting more feminine, we went to a restaurant and at one point she made me comment on a guy's *ss. It was a little awkward but good and hilarious awkward.

Later on, "We should do this again Al, it was so nice seeing you." She smiled and gave me a warm hug. Then she got on the bus.

I went home feeling all warm. The way you feel after drinking hot chocolate. I was in the big house all alone. I don't think I had ever noticed how alone I was until that moment. I ran up to my room and began reading. After a while I had to use the bathroom, of corse, not getting into detail. When I returned to my room there was the coldest breeze.