Orphanage

Mr John Thorway had everything he could ever ask for. He owned two massive companies and had a beautiful wife, but no children. He thought though, that he needed a larger home to fit "all" of the family members- a faster car so that he would be the first one to arrive at work - a gold flashy watch to help him keep a better track of time. And so he decided to own an orphanage as well. Money became his idol. Charities from the caring public from all over the world, economical assistance from the church, sponsorships from the goverment. But, only a small amount of this money was actually invested to the orphanange. He kept taking and taking from everyone, his fame was growing bigger and bigger and his companies shone. He was, you see after all, the reason hundreds of children had a roof above their heads.

A huge building.

Home of hundreds of children who had seen and lived things a grown man couldn't imagine. Children wanting to love and to be loved. To make friends, to have a family. Children who believed that in this building lied all the love they could ever hope for. Little did they know that they weren't but just another gold coin in the investor's already heavy pocket.

The orphanage had four floors. The first was where the dinning room was, where hundreds of mouths were waiting patiently to be fed. The kitchens and all the food was also stored somewhere there. The orders were clear. We can't afford large amounts of food for everyone. Plain meals were served and it should be enough for them. Nobody really cared if the kids were starved or not. The walls were white and with not a single decoration. The majority of the staff members had a small room for their personal belongings in this floor. A large wooden staircase led to the second floor.

Here there were ten rooms- all with the same blackboard, all with the same chairs and same desks. All with the same darkness due to the fact that the curtains should remain closed at all times, so that the children wouldn't lose focus from the lessons. That was the place where all the imagination and doubt was harshly killed with a hated ruler at the hand of a hated teacher with a suit.

The third floor had the dormitories in which all the children were to be at, before the clock showed 10pm. Of course they all had to do their routine pray to the Saviour and thank Him for His "Greatness" and "Mercy". Plain white walls, black curtains. The place could hardly fit all of them, so they were crammed and their personal belongings could barely fit in the small cupboard. It was also a bit cold there, and the light blanket wasn't enough to warm their small bodies. Only two small bathrooms were for everyone and so they had to take turns and wait for a long time to be able to use them.

The fourth and the last floor was not to be entered by any children. There, were the private quarters of the headmaster and some of his loyal staff members. Sure the kids couldn't imagine the luxury and the high polished furniture that were in there. The decorated wallpapers and the expensive items located at the wooden shelves. The silver plates, always filled with plenty of food and the gold glasses always containing the highest quality of drinks. The perfect suits and dresses inside the wardrobe and the glittering and shining women jewellery. All to highlight the domicance of the elegant class.

This floor's luxury was equal to the whole building's poorness.

Comment your thoughts ;)