Long Time No See

Jack reached her first, leaving the others slightly behind.
'I am here, Lora.'
He whispered softly making her raise her head.

She looked him in surprise. She smiled weakly, her eyes betrayed the sorrow she was experiencing.

'No hope, my love.'
She sobbed.

'No don't say such things.'
He said pulling her into a soft hug. He was touching her carefully and softly, in fear of hearting her fragile soul and body. The street lamp right above them was the only source of light into the deep night. He whiped down her tears and landed a kiss on her forhead.

'Lora... someone wishes to see you.'
He whispered standing up and walking towards Jay. He took his hand  and went back to Lora. He kneeled nexto her and placed a comforting hand on Jay's shoulder.

'This is Jay.'
He said.
'Lora, this is your little brother.'
He added with a wide smile.

Lora lost her breath. She remained silent looking at Jay. A small, cute boy, grinning uncomfortably at her, with a painfull expression on his face. She looked straight at his eyes and saw a deprived childhood, a troubled past, a tortured soul. She saw a young boy who turned into a grown man, unaturally fast. She couldn't bare to look at him anymore. Regret suddently hit her. She was the one to blame for all this. She abadoned him.

'Are you not happy to see me?'
Asked Jay innocently.

Lora burst into painful tears.
'What are you saying, my baby?'
She took him into her hug, her tears running down his face.
They remained there hugged tightly onto the cold sement, under the warm lamp.

'I am so sorry Jay.'
Said Lora, still unable to surpress her tears.
'I am sorry for everything.'

'It is not your fault.'
Smiled Jay.
'Jack told me what happened. I know that you did the best for me.'
He said looking at Jack nexto him.

'Look at you. What a kind boy you have become.'
She said stroking kindly his cheek.
'Tell me. Do they care about you there? Are you safe?'

Jay thought about it and nodded. He didn't want to upset her nor cause her even more regrets.
'I was ok. Don't you worry. I do not live there, however, now. I live with dad for so long, I can't even remember.'
He said smiling amused and turned towards Mr Rostwood.

The man, Jay had grown to love so much, was standing, few meters back, with his hands crossed over the top of his cane, watching calmly at them and smiling softly. He walked near them and sat down before them. He placed his one hand on Jay's shoulder and his other on Lora's back. His eyes were watery, something that Jay had never seen before. The lamp ahead of them started to blink. They shared a precious silent, taking their time to enjoy each other's company.

The sky was dark. The houses could be seen in a minature from high above. They had their curtens closed. The doors were locked. People were sleeping. It was a city full of empathy and hate. Full of gelousness and competivity. Full of ignorance and selfysness.

But there was one street. With one blinking, old lamp. With one family sitting plainly under it. All of them had once lost something, but they now had found everything.

Thanks for reading. Let me know what you think! ;)