Sailing The Sunset

Jack had travelled many times before. He had known people and civilizations, friends and enemies, adventures and loves, all through travelling. All the wisdom and ideology he had, was obtained with a backpack on his shoulder and old, fainted maps in his pockets.

He was standing before the port, he had so well known, with his arms folded on his chest, gazing at the horizon, ready for the adventure that was coming. Ofcourse, you see, he was just doing his job, delivering his employer's packets, only to be paid enough to pass a day. However, travelling was his ogydent, it was his heart's deapest desire and his mind's greatest need.

Without further to do, he jumbed into his small dusty boat, he put the head of the main sail in it's tack and placed the harliud on the main sail. After positioning the head sail, he got out to the open water and started raising the sails. The soft breez imidiatly hit the sails, making a smile form at his face. It was still morning and the sun was heating him pleasently. He was off again! His stomach tightened, as it always did when departing for a journey. Slowly but steadily, he was exiting the hurbour, living bosses and authorities, workers and opressed, friends and familly, loved ones and hated ones, behind him. He was now departing for the next grear adventure, to find another crazy world and face new, great challenges.

The wind did him the favours and didn't harashed him much. He lightened his cigarette and started stearing the boat. He was, now, in the open sea, away from everything and everyone, alone, rulled by nobody else than himself. The day continued that way, until the light started falling.

The sun started to go down, it's place now taking beautifull colours. Jack had never witnessed something so special before. The whole sky above him was filled with red, orange and yellow colours and was kind enough to lend some of them to the sea below him.

All of Nature's beauty was around him, all the sunset's colour's where dancing everywhere and all kind of birds and fishes stopped whatever they were doing to admire this wonder. The boat continued ripping the water and drops of it landed in Jack's face. Right ahead he could destinguish a land. Sailing closer, he saw enormous trees, standing tall like guards of a powerfuly beautifull forest. The sunset's colours where flashing at the tops of the trees, going all the way down to the grass and soil. He was so mesmerized by the scenery infront of him, that he wanted to take imidiate action, to take advantage of the chance he was having to be in such a place, at such a moment.

He, however, was too little and unworthy to do anything like this. He only could just sit there, powerless at Nature's mercy and let Her beauty surround him.

He finally found a shore and decided to rest there for the night. When he was close enough to the shore, he got off the boat and druged it with difficulty to the land. As the sky's colours started fainting, he took out some food supplies he had taken with him and started eating.

It was peacfull out there and the temperature was just fine. Few moments later, the sky canvas erased it's colours, put the paintbrushes down and darkened. The wonder was now over, making Jack feel like a great melody had stopped, like the place now was silent. He felt like a comforting company was lost, and now he was all alone. The light and colours were gone and darkness was all around him.

Despite his easy-going character, a feeling of insecurness burned him. He always, though, trusted himself and that was what he would do now too. He remained there and realised that nothing harfull was going to happen. He would explore the forest further, but it was too dark and he knew that he would find trouble coming back. He was too tired, as if he had already lived two lives. His eyelashes fell and he dived into a deap and restless sleep. Only to wake up in a most difficult situation...

Jack was sleeping, but the environment around him was all awaken. His presence was something rare to happen in these woods. And as it seemed, there were those who had descoverd this invade.

A dark whisper...Walking on the leaves...Steps coming closer...

Jack woke up

A silver blade inches apart from his throat.

Thanks for reading! How did you find it? ;)