Love In The Dark

Lora had been gazing out of the window, at the dark yard infront of her for hours. Bitterness was stuck in her throat from the time her master had announced her removal. Such a cold and emotionless statement. For him, it was just the next natural step to increase his wealth. For her, it was a doom. Exactly how every society worked. In every society there were the ones who could define the lives of the rest. There were the ones whose one simple command was enough to destroy every others lives. There were those who wouldn't mind seeing you sleeping at a street pavement, if this would mean more money to their pocket. People fail to understand how their survival is betted, sold and bought in a massive casino ruled by gentlemen, with costums and ties, who drink and smoke casually. They smile cheekily when they place the next bet and they wait in patience to find there next victim, rubbing their filthy hands.

A soft rustle from the bushes made Lora come out of her thoughts. Something was moving under her balcony, down at the garden. A young man appeared from the bushes, filled with mud and leaves, smiling wildly, emiting his youthfull energy everywhere. He looked right and he looked left and with a fast jerk of his head he looked above him. His eyes met the beautifull girl and his smile widened even more.

Lora was shocked.
'Jack!'
She whispered, carefull not to be heard.
'What are you doing here?'
Her mood instantly lifted when she saw him laughing softly.

With a quick jump he landed himself at a tree's branch and with a second hop, he landed right under her balcony.
'What a pleasure to see you!'
He said, while taking off his hat in a funny way.

After slipping and catching himself for a couple of times, he managed to pull himself up, and into Lora's chamber. He put his one palm against the wall and his other hand on his waist and smiled.
'It was pritty easy to do that, you know.'
He said when he say Lora's shocking expression.

Lora laughed.
'Is the decending as easy as that was?'
She tissed him.

Jack gave a boring look down at the yard.
'Pff but ofcourse!'

Lora was delighted to see him again.
He worked for her boss, as well and had came in this house a couple of times. They had talked and laughed about all kind of things, just for a few moments every time he came, and they had gotten to love each other.

Jack could say that, although Lora was pleased to see him, something was bothering her.
'Is everything alright? Has the old jerk been mistreating you again?'
He asked worried.

Lora sat on them sighing and Jack did the same. She looked at him with pain in her eyes.
'He is firing me.'

Jack's eyes widened. Lora had been working for him forever.
'Are you serious? Why?'

'He lost money from a bad econimical deal. He sais his econimics arw not going well.'
She laughed bitterly at that.
'So he has decided to remove some of us.'

Jack closed his eyes. He really was expecting everything from his boss. He took her in a hug and tried to sooth her. He wished he could help her. But, no money always ment, no power. They were helpless.

After a while, Lora tried to change the subject.
'What about you? Is everythinh good?'

Jack smiled.
'Everything is always good with me, you know that.'

They started talking about Jack's wird and funny dreams and how when he woke up, he was laughing with all his heard, as if he had been watching a comedy movie. The room was all dark, the only light coming from a tiny candle. The talked about his strolls down the street, and the people Jack had met. He always liked to make fun of the elegant dressed people and there way of walking and talking.

'Ok ok.'
He said, while Lora was laughing for something he had said previously.
'So hear at that. I was walking next to the harbour with an icecream on my hand. And I was walking fast and carelessly because I had to meet someone and I was late. Then, I fat man in a costum appeared in front of me.'

He got up to pretend he was the fat man and started walking around the room, with a quick pace and wide steps, with his head jerked upwords, like he only wanted to see the stars and nothing else infront of him.

Lora couldn't hide a laugh seeing his shadow from the candle's light, dancing in a funny way, on the wall behind him.

'Ok ok.'
He said again.

'So imagine me, seeking mg friend and him looking up like a fool. Nobody was looking infront of us right?'
He said laughing hard.
'So guess what. We crashed.'
He laughed again with all his heart.

'And guess were my tasty icecream landed. On his face. Haha! He then mattered something, but I was too relactant to hear. The only thing that mattered to me was that I hadn't finished eating it. So I said "Look what you did to my icecream" and walked away laughing like I am now. '

They continued telling funny stories and laughing until they finally had no more energy to laugh.

'Thanks for coming.'
Lora said.

'I am sure we will meet again. I won't goodbye you.'
He said smiling.

He kissed her, and with that, he took a deep breath to prepare himself for the desent. It was easier than they both thought and Jack was finally on the ground. He waved his hand and with a big smile on his face, he left.

Lora sat back on her bed. No matter how tough life was, it was great to have people like him around.

Thanks for reading everyone!
;)