Truth Reveal

Mr Rostwood was buzy with paperwork and his mood was as bad as always. When the door bell rang, he lost all of his concentration and with an angry move he threw a notebook hard on his desk, causing all the small and light papers to fall on the floor. He uttered an inappropriate word and limped towards the door.

He opened the door hastily to see Jack standing before him, smiling widly and not taken aback, even the slightest, from the man's attitude. He was resting his weight on his hand at the wall nexto the door, and he had an amused expression over his face.

'Maybe I interrupted you from something?'
Asked Jack making a big effort not to laugh seeing the man's angry face.

'You did.'
Said Mr Rostwood with a nod.

'That is great to hear! I am looking for the young Jay Grey. Is he here?'

'Yes, he is.'
Replied Mr Rostwood not making a move to welcome him in his house.

Jack smiled even more. He was clearly enjoying teasing the man.

'Oh! Maybe he can come here if I am not to come in myself.'

Mr Rostwood had already formed a bad impression for the desrespectful youngster, but he let him in with a groan.

Jay walked in the house, looking around him. He stood still before Mr Rostwood and took a serious look.
'Am I allowed to sit down, sir?'
He said dramaticly, trying hard to sound like a proper gentleman.

Mr Rostwood couldn't resist. If the youngster wanted to make fun of him, then he would do the same.
'No.'
He said sternly, keeping a straight face.

'Thank you!'
Said Jack and made himself comfortable sitting on the sofa infront of him, like he was at his own home.

Jay then came to the living room, curious to meet the newcomer.

'Oh here you are!'
Said Jack.
'You must be Jay right?'

Jay nodded and Jack stood up to introduce himself and shake Jay's hand.

'Nice to meet you.'
Said Jay politly.

The all sat down to hear what Jack had to tell them.

'So, do you live here? I mean you live with this man, right?'
Asked Jack the small boy.

Jay nodded confused.

Jack found it kind of funny. He could never live with that man, Jay must have been a very tolerant boy.

'And you have adopted him, right?'
He looked at Mr Rostwood this time.

'You know many things, I can see.'
He answered.
'May I ask how did you obtain that information?'

'I have a message to deliver to young Jay. I believed that he lived in the orphanage, but people there told me what happened and where youa are.'
He said looking both of them, now with indeed a serious expression. It was adifficult thing to tell at a small boy, like him.

'And from who is that message?'
Asked Jay.
Jack had now earned their full attention.

'Jay...'
Jack started uncomfortably.
'What do you know about your family?'

Jay wasn't expecting that.
'My parents are...'

'No, not about that.'
Said Jack not wanting to make him think of his dead parents.
'Jack...Not everyone from your family is dead.'

'Well, well...What a surprise.'
Mattered Mr Rostwood.

But Jay stood up from his chair in antisipation.

'I have a sister, I know about that.'
He nearly shouted. Could he actually help him find her?

Jack's eyes widened. This was simpler than he had thought. He smiled kindly to the boy.

'That is right Jay. And I am a very close friend of her.'

Mr Rostwood made a weird surprised sound, making both Jay and Jack look at him.

'Whoa! You can actually feel!'
Said Jack amused.

He told them all about Lora and her adventures, the reason she should left Jay in the orphanage, how much she cared about him and how she couldn't come and see him due to her enslavement at the masion. He told them about his job in London and the chance he now had find them.

Jack was so excited he couldn't sit on the chair anymore. Mr Rostwood's stern look was vanished. His greatest enjoyment came when seeing Jay happy, and at this moment he couldn't hide his pleasure either. He even invited Jack to join them at their launch.

'What a nice idea!'
Exclaimed Jack. If he continued being pleasant and kind he could survive the whole journey eating from others and not having to spent one single of his coins.

Jay stood up and headed to the table, while Mr Rostwood was serving the dishes.
'Hands first Jay!'
Threatened Mr Rostwood raising his voice.

Jack, who hadn't washed his hands for nearly two days straight and had also eaten a slaied dear with them, looked at Jay and whispered amused;
'Tell me. How do you stand him?'
Only to recieve a laugh from Jay and a harsh 'I heard that' from Mr Rostwood.

As they were eating, Jay felt the need to know the boy better.
'So tell me, Jay. How was your life back in the orphanage?'

Jay started telling him about the friends he had made and also the tough circumstanses they all had to live under. When he finished Jack looked disgusted.
'Well, no wonder they have been noticed.'

'Noticed?'
Aksed Mr Rostwood.
'What do you mean?'

Jack took this as a joke.
'Don't tell me you don't know? The children there told me! The Headmaster got accused for recieving a tone of money from the goverment and all the charity stuff, but keeping it to himself and not caring even a bit to use it for the orphanage! He has made a buisness from all this thing and he is pursuited by the law. The orphanage is soon closing down!'

'What?'
Said Jay and Mr Rostwood at once.

'What about my friends? They can't just throw them away!'
Shouted Jay desperately.

Jack looked up at him concerned.

'Truth is, I hadn't thought about that...'

Thanks for reading!

Seeking A Family ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें