Rise From The Ashes

A bond started to form between them. They didn't talk nor did they looked at each other. They only knew that they had found something precious, they had found one another and that was enough to give them courage and hope.

They stayed at Jack's house that night. They had already promised to one another silently that they would never part again.

And so it happened.

They all moved to London and stayed at Mr Rostwood's and Jay's house for a couple of days. Mr Rostwood got more acquanted with Jack and Lora and they, from their part, got to appreciate him, despite of his abrupt character. Jay spent hours and hours talking to his sister, and Lora was delighted to have him in her life again. Jay had finally found a family to care about him and was enjoying with his heart their company. All of them loved him very much and protected him from hurm. They always made him feel safe, as it deserved to all children of the world.

Jay had not even once forgotten his friends back in the orphanage. He kept visiting them, until it had to close down due to the scandal that had been revealed. All the children would be abadoned if it wasn't for Mr Rostwood. He was the one to take ownership of the orphanage and with the help of Jack, Lora and Jay they tranformed the place to a huge hug to all the children in need.

The third floor corridor that held all of the former administry's wealth got smushed, until nothing to remaind of it's past glory was excisting. It's place now took a nice, comfortable living room where all children could go whenever they wanted and share their free time with their friends. They oftened listened to music and played games, chilling and making jokes.

They built more dormitories, with warm covers, enough toilets and bathrooms and space to put their personal belongings. The food served was plenty and no children was ever to go to sleep hungry. The place where Jay and Mr Rostwood had conducted their very first conversation was renovated and a small playground was built for the kids to have fun there. They even got to swim in the lake when the weather permited it. The dull classrooms were converted to colourful rooms with paintings and crafts all around.

Jack had also not forgotten the men he had met at the forest. With the help of the map, Rogers had given him, he found them again and told them all about the orphanage and his life there. He encouraged them to take their life a step forward and help them rebuilt the orphanage. They all agreed, after a long thought, and finally gave their hurt and soul to take care of the children.

The cold secretary who used to do all the paperwork regarding the orphanage was not happy to leave it. Despite her cold manner, she had gotten to care for the children and therefor was the only one, willing to stay there and also help them with the running of the orphanage. It was funny how Mr Rostwood who had totally disliked her from their very first encounter, had started showing interest in her. Jay was always teasing him for it, but he was never to admit it.

All of them lived together at the orphanage and were contributing mutually to it's running. The former administry though, had it's own problems. The owners, headmaster and their partners had accumulated so much wealth through turning a human cause into a buisness that they were able to escape the law, briding the judges. No goverment, nor justice authority could ever harm them. But the citizens knew well. Riots and protests from all over the country took place, until the people's pressure and persistance was too much to bare. The administers were finally judged guilty and were forsed to pay for their crimes. They, finally, got arrested, and they spent a huge part of their life into prison.

As for Jay's friends, they all were amazed with their new life and had formed an excellent relationship with Mr Rostwood. He loved to spent time with them as well. They often formed a circle around him, near the lake, and were telling him whatever was bothering them. Mr Rostwood was always listening patiently and trying his best to give them advice and share his wisdom and knowledge with them. He was a father figure for them and would do anything to protect and prepare them to come out to the real world.

Jack was one of their very best friends, something like an older brother. Full of energy and excitement, he could easily approach them and communicate with them. His out going personality and open minded character allowed him to get very close with them. They all had fun when around him and he had the time of his life joking and teasing them. He had great success when imitating Mr Rostwood and was always making them laugh with that. Mr Rostwood never liked it but he finally got used to it. Jack also shared with them his love for sailing. Every week they would go at the hurbour together where he would teach them all about the waves and the winds and the ways to handle a boat. That was much appreciated particulary by Justin, the explorer soul, who had a special relationship with him. They were spending a huge amount of time talking about sailing and Jack was delighted to tell him all about his travelling adventures.

Lora hadn't realised how much she loved working with children, until she came there. She bought them painters and canvas and let their imagination fly. Sofie's paintings finally came to life when vivid colours and beautiful details. Lora could always find a way to relax them and make them feel comfortable. Through their art she was able to know them better and that's how they formed a very close relationship too.

Rogers, the tough man of the woods was something like a movie hero to them. He liked to talk about all sorts of things and tell them his adventures back in the woods. They were constantly asking him to tell them the story of him meeting Jack and he was glad to retell it every time. He had made it crystal clear that his past was not something that he was proud of, but he was left with the only choice to survive that way. Richard, the rebel, had finally found his man. He finally was able to communicate with someone in his terms and express all of his social concerns. Rogers was a life teacher to him and a vivid example of doubt and stern critisism to authority.

Rogers and his companions were caring for the children's well being. They played sports with them and help them train their bodies in a promising and safe way. This was a dream come true for small Tom who always had a big love for athletism and was willing to follow a sports carrear one day.

And simply, just like that their childish souls were saved. They once parted the orphanage and everyone followed a different path, destiny had chosen for them. But no matter what they did or where they were, they always remembered and talked about the blessed ones who kindly opened their hug to them and taught them so many. And they all lived happily every after.

And as Mr Rostwood once said;
"Dreams do come true, my boy.'

..................

Jay kissed his son's forhead softly. He had finally fallen asleep.

'Yes.'
He smiled.
'Your grandpa was a great man...'

End of story! Thanks for reading and a special thanks to those who followed all the way till the end.
Until next time! ;)