03

J U P I T E R

Standing outside the airport was exhausting. Looking for an unfamiliar blonde was even more debilitating.

I've being waiting for over ten minutes but there was no sign of recognition among the people. My suitcase was beside me looking like a poor little thing and my shoulder bag drained the small energy I had. My stomach rumbled audibly, indicating I need to eat right away. My initiation was to leave if she doesn't show up in a couple of minutes.

The sky is dark blue with no cloud to hide the bright sun that was beginning to melt me. The roads were filled with vehicles singing songs with their horns. Nothing much has changed except the new buildings that have filled the empty spots. A warm breeze hit me and makes me want to do nothing but to eat a huge bowl of ice cream in a cold room. I let my eyes rest for a moment, feeling the ambiance of street, hearing the sounds, taking in the familiar aroma, letting my brain be still.

After a few minutes, I gave up. I had already changed my currency back to dollars moments ago. Disappointing my client wasn't something I plan on doing but I couldn't wait any longer. Amy was thrilled to know I used to live here but insisted on picking me up because she wanted to show me to my apartment. The crowd I arrived with had thinned and the Ubers parked nearby were gone. I was the only one standing helplessly.

I was about to call her again when a black car that looks like the one wealthy people would drive in parked in front of me. My eyes narrowed in curiosity as the back door opens. The windows were tinted so I couldn't who it was. A pair of long, tanned legs in trainers appeared before a woman got out of the car.

With a glossy, tanned skin stretched on her tall, thin figure, I instantly thought she was fresh out of a fashion magazine. Filed to perfection, her long manicured fingers ran through her strawberry blonde hair that hung over her shoulders and rested on her back. She was dressed in a chic way, the neon lime woven shorts belted over the black one shoulder crop top.

The woman was looking around with a frown marred to her face. When her gaze clashed with mine, her eyes went wide and she rushed to me. I was shaken to the core when she engulfed me in a tight hug, her lavender scent filling my nostrils. Out of confusion, I patted her on the back.

The ravishing blonde pulled away from me, her cute pointed nose scrunched up and her plump lips twisted guiltily. "I'm so sorry I was late, Jupiter. God bless my driver but he can be a douchebag sometimes. I told him to pick you up because I was busy for a photoshoot I didn't know about until much later and I had to go because it was very important. It's inexcusable but I'm so sorry." She said,her voice gentle.

From her behavior, I could tell she has a bubbly outlook. The combination of sweetness and kindness glimmered in her sea green eyes as she apologised. I smiled at her, brushing it off. "It's okay, at least you came." I offered a hand. "Jupiter Adair Garcia."

Her already huge eyes went wide. "Forgive me please, I can be forgetful sometimes." Her lips pulled back in a kind smile. Taking my hand into her hers, she shook it. "Amy Huber. Thank you so much for coming, Jupiter."

"How did you recognise me?" I asked when she linked my arm to hers, leading us to the car. Her driver had already taken my suitcase and huge burden of a bag to the boot of the car.

Amy gestured for me to get in. I got inside, the cold air mixed with the same lavender scent hit me. I sat on the leather seat and Amy joined in soon after. A moment later, the car started moving. Amy offered me some water and I drank it at the spot.

"I might have asked your partner, Joey to send me a picture of you." She revealed and wiggled her eyebrows in triumph. "You must be hungry. How about I take you to one of my favourite restaurants while Emerson here fills the tank?" She was referring to the driver.