23

J U P I T E R

"I'm Jade" the tall brunette smiled tenderly as she shook my hand.

"And I'm Reese" The other girl with big hazel eyes said cheerfully.

Both Jade and Reese were similar with their slim figure, dark brown hair and a welcoming smile. The only difference however is that Jade was taller than Reese.

After escorting Joey to the hotel, Amy invited me to hang out with her and her friends. I was bored doing nothing at home and even thought about visiting Daisy but then the last time we talked, we were on bad terms and she might also be extremely busy with her work so I decided to go with Amy.

Amy went to grab coffee from the café close to our apartment so we were waiting for her outside.

"Ooh, I like your jacket. Where did you get it from?" Reese asked with curiosity clear in her voice as she gaze at my jacket.

I looked down at my jacket and shrugged. It was a military style cropped jacket that I paired with my black leggings. It stopped midrib but the leggings covered most part of my abdomen.

"I honestly don't remember because most of the time, my partner buys everything related to clothing for me. He has a better taste in fashion than me." I explained.

As long as I have something to wear, that was all I could ask for. Joey lectured me about my unhealthy apathy for fashion and clothing and tried numerous times to make me see the bright side of it but it just wasn't in my blood.

Jade nodded her head in understanding. "Well, he must have a really good taste then."

"Is he your boyfriend or something?" Reese said. The tone she used was that of uncertainty.

Amy came out of the cafe with a croissant in between the gap of her teeth and barely able to hold four coffee cups. I quickly grabbed two from her and thanked her before she shoved one of the two she was holding to Jade.

"Nobody was freaking there to help me." Amy said after removing the croissant from her mouth.

"Well, nobody asked you in the first place to get us coffee" Reese singsong as she took a coffee cup from me.

Amy moved her sunglasses to the top of her head as she struggled to retrieve the car keys from her pocket. "I take that as a thank you. You're welcome!" She chirped before rounding the corner to the driver's seat.

Reese and Jade insisted I get in the passenger's seat because they're much more comfortable in the back seat. When I disagreed, they simply got in the back seat and shut the door in my face leaving me with no choice but to get in the passenger's seat.

"I don't like this coffee, it gets cold easily. " Jade said with a pout as she stirred the coffee with her straw.

Reese sat upright and grabbed both the driver's seat and passenger's seat for support as she observed herself in the rear mirror. "The stupid foundation didn't fully cover the acne."

"Guess you'll be the bridesmaid with the acne." Amy giggled as she hold the steering wheel with one hand and her coffee with the other. She seemed relaxed when she's driving like she's bring doing it since the day she was born.

"And in ten years when we think about old times, the people that have no clue about who you were at the wedding will be like 'oh! the bridesmaid with the ugly acne?' when they're asked about you." Jade whispered and Amy snorted a laughter. I couldn't hold back the smile that was threatening to appear on my lips.

"Why are you guys attacking me like an army? Chile" Reese combed her long wavy hair with her fingers.

"That's because we are" Jade casually replied. Amy reached out a hand without glancing back and Jade high fived her.