16

J U P I T E R

The sharp knock on the door pulled me out of my trance and I dropped the camera on the bed next to me.

For a few seconds, I sat there with my head in my hands trying to organise myself. I've being too focused on preparing the camera for the first photoshoot tomorrow I lost track of time.

The cold breeze marking the beginning of the night reminded me I was just in my loose shorts and a white tank top but anyways, I disregarded it and proceeded to check who it was.

Amy and Eric are still yet to return since leaving in the morning with Natalie, so they naturally came into my mind first.

Throwing on a pair of washed jeans, I left the comfort of my room, matched to the living room and opened the door without checking who it might be through the peephole. I was surprised to see who it was because it was neither Eric nor Amy.

"Hey." Adam gave me a warm smile as he waved in my face.

I had trouble finding my inner voice with his boyish looks charming me. "Hey."

"You okay? Surprised to see me?"

"Of course not." I murmured, breaking contact with him. "Amy's still yet to return."

He let's out a shaky exhale and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I don't understand, Amy said we should meet here by this time."

"Maybe something took place unexpectedly but I think they're soon coming back." I suggested.

"Yeah, it could be." He nodded his head in agreement. His eyes met mine again. "Want to grab coffee with me before they return?"

"I- I don't think-" I stuttered, trying to come up with an explanation.

He flashed me an award winning smile. "Come on, Jupiter. There's a cafe a few blocks away. Pretty please?" He pleaded as he stared at me expectantly with puppy eyes.

"Didn't know you are childish." I shook my head at him. He knew I was going to cave in anyway.

"You know, Amy was supposed to come first." He wiggled his eyebrows and I rolled my eyes.

"Alright, I'll be right back."

***

We placed our orders and the waitress left to get our coffee. I leaned my forehands over the bar counter as we meekly wait.

"Didn't know you're a latte person. I bet it's your favourite coffee." Adam ran a hand through his hair, smiling.

I shrugged, my eyes assessing the café. "It is."

"I prefer Cappuccino It's more sweeter and the taste of it is pure heaven. I think you should try it."

"I tasted it before, it just wasn't my style. Latte's much more better." I shot him a challenging look and smirked.

"Nah, I don't think so."

The waitress came back with two coffee cups. We took it and thanked her. Before I could being out my wallet from the back of my pocket, Adam had already paid for the two of us.