24

J U P I T E R

"This was on the day of our engagement, it's my favourite," Amy said with a smile as her fingers slowly trace Eric's figure in the picture.

He was standing with wide grin on his handsome face, the black suit fitting his built body perfectly and his hair slicked back with a gel. In his arms was his beautiful, enticing fiancée dressed in a golden maxi strapless dress with a long slit and tight around the waist. Her hair was packed in a messy bun and was flashing her hand proudly at the camera to show off her huge radiant shaped diamond engagement ring. They looked genuinely happy and I felt an inflicted pressure of anxiety settle in my chest.

"Wow, they're really gorgeous." I said as I quickly flipped the picture to stop myself from tearing it into pieces.

She picked up another picture from the table and placed it on my laps on top of the photo album. She started to explain who were in the picture but I zoomed out, not making out any of her ramblings.

I was letting the past get in my mind again, how it would have being me instead of Amy rocking that joyful smile and lovestruck eyes if we did survive. I was also certain we would have survived if we continued the relationship. We both loved each other equally and splitting was never on the radar. Our lives were full of adventures and we never lost the spark we had when we first met.

Eric's still the boy I fell in love with, the bad boy player with a sweet side that I was only able to see, the troublemaker that always made it clear I belonged to him even though we fought all the time about me not being his property but to be honest, I liked being his.

Our relationship didn't start off as the normal love at first sight, in fact, we resented each other. He was the bad boy that slept with countless girls and made fun of me usually by mimicking me whenever I answered a teacher's question or throwing hurtful or shady comments at me. Meanwhile, I was just a normal teenager who never had her first kiss and happily blended with the students.

His behavior didn't change until one day, he threw a comment about me being loner and my parents would leave me the second they had the chance because of how much of a burden I was to them. At that time, my Mom's health was seriously dwindling and I was scared of loosing her so I started sobbing like a baby.

Within a second, Eric was by my side with a panicked look, apologising profusely in an attempt to calm me down but I sobbed harder and ended up revealing my Mom's condition and how I was worried about losing her. Eric apologised and hugged me, giving me the comfort I craved. Daisy was my solace most of the time but he was the first person I met that day.

Eric convinced me to skip the the rest of the classes that day. After I reluctantly agreed, he took me to get ice cream claiming it will help calm me down with it's sweetness. After that, he drove me around in his car and we got to know each other. He apologised for his rude behavior towards me and ended the day by stealing my first kiss and asking me on a date. It was kind of unusual how we suddenly went from enemies to going on a date the first day we bonded but we were both here for it. And the rest was history.

Through all my tough times, he was there for me. We celebrated when my Mom's health improved and he comforted me when it worsened. He gave me all the things I never imagine I would have and made me believe in us. He was my first and only boyfriend, my first kiss and the guy I lost my virginity to. He was the only guy to be in my life romantically that I gladly gave my heart to.