10

J U P I T E R

Strong arms hauled me from falling and wrapped around my body to support me. My hands pressed on the hard chest and automatically grabbed the shirt of the person to protect myself, forcing us into an uncomfortable position with all my weight on his arms and him bent over to save me. The only distraction was the sound of my camera falling onto the the ground.

When I realise the pain never came, I opened one eye to reassure myself. Looking up, my eyes was met with captivating green eyes that reminds me of the ocean during a turbulent storm. His eyes were the glimmering color of emerald, sparkling in the light of the sun like the hues of a forest. They were like a wild fire, untamed in the depths, slowly intoxicating me.

Our faces were so close I could feel his heavy breathing. The man has a hard, square jaw with dark red lips the color of rose and arched bushy eyebrows. His head was a mop of dark blond hair that looked ruffled as though he went through it as frequently as possible. He blinked his eyes and his eyelashes kissed the top of his cheeks.

We stared at each for what felt like eternity before he positioned me back on my feet. I blushed but was glad he was unable to see it because of my caramel skin. Tugging back a curl of hair to the back of my ear, I helplessly stared as he bent over once again to retrieve my camera.

When he stood properly and I looked up at his face under the sunlight, I realised how tall he was. He was dressed nicely in a casual shirt and a pair of jeans. He has a broad shoulder with thick arms and it looks like he was a foot taller than me. I had to tilt my head back to stare at him.

"Are you okay, Jupiter?" Daisy asked and I remembered her presence. I was so intoxicated in his manly scent to focus well. I nodded at her before turning back to the stranger.

He had his hands buried inside his jeans pockets after he gave me the camera. The sweet smile on his lips was a pleasant sight and it earned a smile from me. "You okay, babe?"

His voice was deep and gruffy, and it sent shivers down my spine. "Yeah, thanks for saving me. I apologise for bumping into you, it was never my intention, I'm so sorry." I sincerely said, my hand over my chest.

"It was actually an instinct for her to bump into you because you're a hot guy and she's a single woman. Just a reminder, opposites attract and I think you collided into each other for a reason. Jupiter, meet me by the pool when you're done hitting on him." Daisy shrugged and left me gaping at her back in embarrassment. I wanted to drag her by her hair and smack her face with anything within my reach.

"That sounds like your best friend," When I glanced back at the stranger, he was grinning. I recovered from my shock and sighed deeply. "Sadly," I replied, "She can be a pillock sometimes."

"Definitely but you're such a pretty young lady, I don't regret saving you from the epic fall." He said and my cheeks flushed. A shudder pierced through me at the thought of being made fun of for bring a little out of hand.

"At the end, you saved the day. I'm Jupiter by the way." I offered my hand for a handshake. He took my hand and we shook.

"Jupiter? What a strange but sexy name for a gorgeous girl like you. I'm Adam" He said. I screamed internally with excitement when I recognised the flirting gesture. "Nice to meet you, Jupiter. Are you a photographer? Is that what brought you here?" He let go of my hand.

I shook my head, my curls dancing as I did. "No, it's actually complicated. It's my best friend's ex boyfriend's niece's birthday and she invited me over, and yes I'm a photographer. I'm from Cuba and I came for one of my client's wedding photoshoots. I enjoy taking my camera with me to events to capture the blissful moments of it and this is no different. How about you?"