26

J U P I T E R

Last night wasn't just a dream. The warm body softly grazing against mine proved that I was right. My muscles were sore and aching but that didn't stop the smile on my face from faltering. Not even an ounce of regret weigh down on me as the memories blissfully flood back into my mind.

I peered at the figure by my side and caught a glimpse of his brawny chest rising and falling with each quiet but deep breath he took. My heart swelled with love and affection for him, and it was like the seven years of been apart never really took place. We were back to practically being one again even though of the obstacles surrounding us.

He looked peaceful when he was sleeping with his long eyelashes resting on the top part of his cheek and his lips slightly parted to exhale. There wasn't the usual tension that drew his eyebrows, he was just relaxed and calm. He looked to be in a deep slumber but his fingers slowly drawing circles just above my ribs and heating the skin beneath it told me otherwise.

The morning sun was streaming bright through the curtains of the window. We have being lying in bed awake for quite a long time. The comfortable silence and the rapture of being in each other's arms was what had us still in bed with me staring up at the ceiling and Eric stroking me softly.

"Did you regret it?" His voice was deep and thick from as it was his first time talking this morning.

The last time I heard that sexy voice was before I left and it wasn't as deep as it was now. I'm really glad I get to hear it one last time because I've missed him and every other part of him.

When I peeked at him again, his eyes had fluttered open and he was staring at my naked shoulder blade which was in line with his eye view. "No, I don't. How about you?"

A sigh escaped from between his swollen lips. "Me either. The only thing bugging me is Amy however."

Silence consumed the room as my shoulders slumped in defeat. If their was something bothering me, it was Amy. She didn't deserve what we did to her especially knowing that she really loved him. A huge part of me regretted betraying her but another part told me we were just two adults caving in to our needs.

And then, there was the part where I know this wasn't going to change anything. It was just a night spent passionately and the next morning, we were going to pretend nothing ever happened. We were going to go back to being exes and keep it professional even if it was going to be hard.

"You know, we would have made it to this point if we actually stick together." He said instead and I nodded in agreement.

He sighed, his breathing fanning my hair as he shifted closer to me. "We would have graduated high school together, enroll in the same college before finally graduating and finding a place to call ours," He softly chuckled. "I dreamt about all those things with you in it."

"But then, you never know when your life takes a turn," I added sadly. "It's like you planned everything perfectly and it was going well until a slight change destroyed everything like it never happened and your life practically flashed before your eyes."

"Everything you ever wanted ..." His voice had reduced to a dangerously low tone. "Was stolen from you. I was in the same battle and you know what I lost?"

An eyebrow rose up as I took a mild guess. "What?"

"You." He simply said before he lifted his gaze and settled them on mine.

My breath hitched as our eyes clashed, the same emotions floating around us. This was what it was like then, when we were a pair and didn't have to worry about being caught together. Our feelings were equally mutual and we found joy in each other. Except, that was in the past and we are in the future, the future where there was no us.