12

E R I C

I gripped the cup I was holding tightly when I saw Adam. I regretted forcing her to open the door because nothing out of the ordinary would have occurred. But no. Jupiter was standing before Adam, her head tilted back because of his tall frame as they stare at each other with surprised looks in their faces.

If it wasn't for Jupiter, the party would have gone well for me but she ruined it when she collided with Adam 'coincidentally'. I recalled Amy babbling about her next catwalk. I was cheesed off of hearing the same old story and was casually glancing around searching for something more interesting when a couple holding onto each other caught my attention.

It didn't take me long to comprehend who it was. My face had suddenly became rigid, jaw clamped tight, teeth grinding. The little minx was clinging to a much taller, hunky man and it looked like he was holding her to stop her from falling. They stared at each other for some time and I felt like a fire deep within me trying to force its way out. She came here to work not to flirt with men. When he finally got her on her feet, it felt like a bucket of cold water was poured on me.

Adam, Amy's older brother stood straighter, a grin plastered on his face. Daisy, who was with Jupiter left - which I assumed to give them privacy - and they started talking. I was miles away so I couldn't hear a thing.

I wanted to turn away and listen to Amy's boring rant instead but my head had a mind of it's own. A part of me wanted Jupiter to be single and unattractive to men, I wanted her to feel the pain I experienced when she left me, to hold onto our memories and never move on but I knew it was impossible. Although it took me some time before I moved on, I still did at the end and I have no right to stop her from doing the same. We're not together any longer and my wedding is already in two weeks.

It hurts me to know she adored the Joey guy that much to speak about him as though she knew him like the back of her hand. It sounded like he was a secret boyfriend she didn't want to be official with or even a friend with benefits. I couldn't stop myself from uttering those harsh words to her though. It helped me get some steam off my chest and not even an ounce of regret hit me.

"So this is Jupiter Adair Garcia, the Cuban photographer I once told you about," Amy excitedly introduced a still amused Jupiter. Her smile dropped when her brother refused to take his eyes off Jupiter. "Don't you dare tell me you forgot."

His eyes lit up when he briefly glanced at his sister. "Of course not, Amy. I just realised this Cuban vixen is the same clumsy photographer I saved at the party. Hello again, Jupiter."

I wanted to wipe the stupid smile on his face and shove the cup I was holding down his throat. It got even worse when Jupiter cast her eyes on the floor to hide her shyness. "Hi, Adam."

"Interesting! How do you guys know each other?" Amy shrieked as she clasped her hands under her chin.

"Jupiter was a little clumsy and wasn't staring at her front. We bumped into into each other in the process. I became a knight to her and she wouldn't stop thanking me." Adam expounded and Jupiter smiled coyly at him.

It infuriated me to know he made her feel that way, I decided to chip in to exact a little revenge. I stepped away from behind the counter and came into view. "You do know the little vixen you're referring to is currently taken," I turned my eyes on Jupiter and smiled mischievously. "Right, Jupiter?"

In response, her shoulders stiffened and though I couldn't see the expression on her face because her back was facing me, I knew she was exasperated. Slowly, she twisted her head towards me and glared at me which went unnoticed to both Amy and Adam. She coerced a smile that couldn't quite reach her eyes. "Eric must have mistaken Joey for my boyfriend." She curtly replied.