17

J U P I T E R

"Amy, I need you to push back your head a little bit, perfect!" I yelled as I put the camera back into position.

The couple standing with the guy looking up at the sky and the lady behind him with her hands wrapped around his waist. She leaned her head on his back and plastered a beautiful smile on her face.

The bright sunlight was behind them, forming almost a silhouette of them. Her hair was blowing in the air, just the way I liked it. I clicked the shutter of the camera several times as they transit into different positions. Amy's a model, she knows how it works.

"Done!" I breathlessly reported as I set the camera against my stomach, the straps holding it firmly in place.

My dress was drenched with sweat and the small hair on my temples clung to my head like a second skin. It took us longer than expected, almost an hour to find the perfect spot.

First, it was the beach and then Amy suggested the hill would be romantic with the sun streaming through the cloud and no obstacles to block the camera view. I thought it was a good idea and here we are, finally done after over sixty perfect pictures.

I flopped down on the backseat and rested my head on the headrest, breathing heavily. It feels so good to have a barricade between the blinding sunlight and I.

Amy got into the passengers seat while Eric in the driver's seat. I somehow felt like an intruder even though I wasn't. Both Eric and Amy were glowing in their photoshoot outfits while I was all messed up in my jeans and short sleeved shirt.

"I have to say this, Jupiter, you're so talented." Amy looked back at me with a kind smile as the car roared back to live. I muttered a 'thank you' in response.

"The couple of pictures I saw were fantastic and I'm going to see each and every one of them."

The car started moving and soon, we're on the road. "I was thinking, maybe if we get back home and have some rest, we should go through the pictures. That way, you'll choose the perfect ones for your album."

"Sounds lovely." She answered as she go through the radio. "There are two bottles of water here in case you need it." she pointed her finger beneath the driver's seat where Eric was seating.

I reached down my hand to retrieve it and surely, it was there. I took one out and removed the lid of the bottle. Just as I raised it to welcome the bliss of having the water to satiate my dry throat, my eyes locked with Eric's through the rear mirror.

We haven't spoken since our little argument last night. He also hasn't given me much of a glance this morning and didn't talk unless spoken to. His face expression had being neutral, as though he didn't want anyone to see what was inside him.

He looked breathtaking in his suit though. Unlike the badboy I grew up to know him as, this devilishly handsome man was anything but a boy. His deep blue suit clung perfectly to his built body and his ruffled hair took my breath away.

Even as I take shoots after shoots, I couldn't help but notice the perfection between the couple. They were both ravishing and had a body to die for. They also have successful careers and their families were good friends.

The only thing that made a slight difference was the blank expression on Eric's face however. It made him look unhooked about the idea of the photoshoots as though he was uncomfortable. Was it because of me?

My phone vibrated from my bag, pulling me out of thoughts. I looked away as I took my phone out and I answered when I saw it was Daisy. "Daisy, hey."

I heard the shuffling of papers in the background which indicated she was at work. "Hey, gorgeous. Where are you? How did the photoshoot go?"

"okay I guess, the day's sunny, a little mild headache, yeah, I think we're alright." I explained with a smile even though she couldn't see it.

"Just wanted to remind you about our night out. And don't you dare wear those distasteful outfits, wear something sexy," She paused for a millisecond. "that reveals your curves."

"Uh, are you trying to get me laid?" I whispered quietly and blushed when Amy chuckled . They must have heard me.

"Something like that." I could almost see her shrugging her shoulders. "I'm coming to pick you up by eight. So be ready, sloth."

"Alright, see you later." I said.

"Tell Eric I said hi." She said before hanging up. She was trying to look for trouble but I refused to play along with her.

Like hell will I.

***

Letting out a deep breath, I opened my eyes and stared at myself in the mirror.

My hands trailed down my waist to the edge of the midi dress with narrow straps. It has a deep cleavage and it was plain black. I remember wearing something identical to it the first time Joey and I went to a nightclub.

I stood taller in the strappy black high heels. My wavy hair glimmered beneath the room light as I raked my fingers though it. It wasn't my best look but I knew I tried. After reapplying the glossy lipstick, I was set to go and live my life to the fullest.

My phone pinged on the bed, indicating a text message. I took it and read the message before inserting it inside my purse. It was a message from Daisy informing me about her arrival.

I got out of the room, my heels clicking on the floor noisily. Shutting the door as quiet as possible, I strolled to to the living room about to make my way out when I heard some shuffling in the kitchen.

I made up my mind to inform whoever it was about my outing because I didn't want anyone to worry about my whereabouts. Eric was making a sandwich, his laptop on the counter when I entered.

My breath hitched when his eyes fall on me and swept me with his gaze. He seemed completely taken aback by my appearance as his eyes lingered on my chest then back to my eyes. Slowly, he rose up while never breaking our contact.

"I just want to let you know I'm out with my friends on a girl's night out. It might take me some time before I return so don't worry about me." I tried to sound adept when my insides are literally screaming with ponders about what Eric thought of me.

"In this dress?" His eyes once again gave me a look over.

I looked down at myself and then back at him. "Yeah. Any problem?"

When he didn't say anything, I decided to leave. I was already as nervous as the cat that hears a mouse in the wall.

As I turned to go, he spoke, "Wait."

I turned back at him and fixed my eyes on the floor, my fingers fidgeting with the purse.

"You look beautiful, Jupiter."

The chapter was so long i decided to split it into two lol New chapter coming out tomorrow!!

Don't forget to vote, comment your thoughts and share to support me. See you in the next chapter❤