Part 7

Italics- Lydia's voices

Oliver

Oliver was awaken by noise coming from around his house. He put on his regular clothes and went downstairs, to see his house was filled with part supplies. That's when it hit him, it's Thea's birthday.

He went back upstairs and got something from his drawer. "Hey Speedy," he said happily. She was in the upstairs hallway and she walked towards him. "Happy Birthday," he said giving her a hug. He handed her the gift. "It's a hozen," Oliver explained. "It shows reconnection." "Thanks Ollie," she said. "You're coming to my party?" She asked. "Of course," he said, before he left the house.

Lydia

Someone knocked on the door of Lydia's office and she opened it. She was surprised to see Oliver. "I was going to swing by later," she told him as he entered. "Well it would be to loud because Thea's throwing her birthday at the house," he explained. "Yeah," she said signaling him to sit down.

"Are you ok?" He asked her. "I'm fine," she said tucking her hair behind her ear. She sat down in her chair and grabbed her clipboard. "We haven't done this in quite a while," she commented which made Oliver smile and he got comfortable.

She began to ask her series of questions and he answered truthfully. In the middle of the session Oliver's phone began to ring. He sat there patiently when Lydia stopped asking questions. It rang again.

"Are you going to get that?" She snapped. "What?" He asked confused. "Your phone's ringing," Lydia told him. He looked at her still confused. He took out his phone, handing it to her and she took it and held it to her ear.

Music. Tires screech. Crash.

Lydia removed the phone from her ear and gave it back to Oliver. "What was that?" He asked. "I have no idea," her voice faltered.

They continued the session till the hour was over. Oliver was getting ready to leave and asked Lydia, "Are you going to Thea's birthday party?" "Yeah. She invited me a few days ago," she told him. He left her office quietly as she went back to her chair.

Lydia kept replaying the noise in her head trying to figure out what it meant but she had know idea.

——————————

Lydia put on a floral dress and ankle boots to blend in, then drove to the Queen Mansion for Thea's party. She pulled up in the driveway and vallet took her car.

Diggle was outside the house as security detail. "Hey Lydia," he said with a smile. "Hi John," she said. "Party kids," he said. Lydia gave him in an offensive look. "You?" He exclaimed. "Yup," she said patting his shoulder and walked in the house.

The house was crowded with many teens partying. The lights and the fog made everything blurry but everyone was having fun.

"Glad you could make it," Thea shouted to Lydia. "Happy Birthday," Lydia said giving her a hug. Thea was taken away by her friends as Lydia began to walk away. She noticed that one of Thea's friends slipped her a small bag she stuffed in her dress and continued to dance.

Music. Tires screech. Crash.

All of the music began to get quiet as the noise got louder and she stumbled through crowd to get out. She found herself upstairs in the hallway looking around.

"Are you okay?" Someone asked. Lydia turned around to see Moira with a concerned face and her voice brought Lydia back to reality, making her relax. "I just needed a break," she explained. 

A man came up the stairs in a black suit. "Hello Malcolm," Moira greeted with a smile. He walked towards Moira and gave her a friendly kiss on the cheek. "And you are?" He asked. "This is Dr. Lydia Martin," she explained. "She's Oliver's therapist," she whispered in his ear. Malcolm let out a hand and gave Lydia a hand shake.

Moira gave her a look to leave them alone, so Lydia left them to talk.

Moira

Malcolm waited for Lydia to go downstairs before he began the conversation. "You need to get your husband under control," he warned Moira. "His curiosity is going to get him killed." Moira had a terrified look on her face. "Fine. Just please, please don't do anything to him," she begged.

It was silent after until he nodded his head. "Also, Lydia Martin is special. Do not do anything to her," he told her. "What makes her so 'special'?" She asked. "She can shatter someone's skull with her voice," he said.

His hand slipped behind Moira's waist and gave her a kiss on the cheek when Thea came up the stairs. "Are you kidding me?" She asked in disgust. "Thea, please," Moira called out.

Lydia

Lydia was walking past the stairs when Thea came rushing down in anger. Lydia stopped Thea to tell her, "Don't leave." Thea scoffed, pulling her arm from her grip, and left the house. She watched Thea jolt her had back quickly as if she ate something and she left the house in her new car.

"There you are," Oliver slightly shouted to Lydia. Her  eyes were still fixated outside ignoring Oliver's presence. "She's in danger," Lydia said. "Who?" Oliver asked in concern. "Thea," she said, finally looking at him.

Felicity

Felicity was called into Walter's office. "Hello Felicity," he greeted. "Hi," she said. "Can I trust you?" He asked her. "Definitely," she nodded. Walter slid her a book that was opened to the front page. On the back of the cover, it had light red lines on it. "Can you figure out what this is?" He asked her. "Just remember, I sent someone to check out whatever this was and he never came back," he warned. Felicity nodded with a small smile and left Walter's office.

Lydia

"Where is she?" Oliver asked Lydia. "I-I don't know," she stuttered. Oliver began to panic and he rushed outside to inform Diggle.

The only thing Oliver could do was call Thea. He was on his phone waiting for her to pick up. "She's not answering," he said. "I told her not to leave," Lydia told him. "You knew, but you still let her leave!" He yelled and Lydia got quiet. "I didn't know everything," she let out.

"What is going on?" Moira asked. Diggle and Lydia both looked at Oliver waiting for him to explain. "Thea left, and I don't think she's okay," Oliver said. "Oh my God," Moira cried out. Moira went back inside and ended the party. Everyone began to leave the house.

Crash

Lydia's face went white when Moira's phone rang and she spoke to the person who called her. When she got off, she was both relieved and still in shock. "Thea's been in a car accident," Moira let out.

Oliver and his mother had quickly went to the hospital to visit her. Diggle and Lydia had went down to the hideout. There, they checked the city camera of the accident.

Oliver came down the stairs looking overworked. "Thea's okay," he began. "She was on vertigo, got in a car and drove off. She could've killed someone or herself." Oliver was baffled by her actions. "Now she's been charged with 'driving under the influence' and her court trial is tomorrow," he said.

"It's going to be okay," Diggle said comforting Oliver. "No it's not," Oliver refused. "Lydia knew something and didn't tell anyone," He shouted. "Well sometimes I don't know what the voices mean,'' she explained. "It's not my job to protect your family,'' she let out before storming out of the hideout.

Felicity

"Mr, Steele?" Felicity asked entering Walter's office. "Come in Felicity," he said. Felicity walked in towards his desk. She placed down the book he had given her. "This sign on the back," she began, pointing at the picture. "This is Tempest. It's a an organization that your wife has been sending money to. There are names on the inside that can only be seen with these glasses," she said giving him the glasses. Walter put them on and scanned the pages. He gasped at all the names that had been written down.

I also pulled up an address to a warehouse that has been paid for," Felicity said giving him a paper with all the details. "Thank you," he said sincerely as she left his office.