Part 15

Italics- Lydia's voices

Lydia

Lydia and Oliver sat in the hallway of Starling General quietly. "If my mother hired to take out Malcolm, why would she wanna go after you?" Oliver asked. "Because I know too much," Lydia said, leaning back in her chair.

Lance came out Laurel's room and walked to Lydia. "I just wanted to say, thank you, again," He said, shaking her hand. "Does our mutual friend know about this?" He asked, slightly whispering. "Yes, he does," Lydia confirmed. Lance nodded and walked away. Lydia watched as Oliver entered Laurel's room and she took the elevator down. Lydia left the hospital and went home.

Lydia opened her apartment door and walked inside. She went straight to her room and stripped her bloody dress. She washed the blood of her hands and slipped into pajamas. Lydia slept for the rest of the night till the sun came up and her alarm rang for work.

Oliver

Oliver left the hospital and went home. He snuck inside and went to his room. He took of his suit and put on shorts and went inside his blanket.

He slept lightly until his alarm rang. Oliver took a hot shower and put on jeans and a t-shirt and grabbed his jacket. He went down the stairs and was greeted by Diggle. "What are gonna do about your mom?" Diggle asked. "Keep Lydia out of sight," Oliver said.

Oliver heard stumbling coming down the stairs and saw Walter with a suitcase and his mother behind him. "Where you going?" Oliver asked. "Just a quick business trip," he explained. Walter gave Moria a kiss and waved at Thea, who was at the top of stairs, bye. He also gave Oliver a firm handshake and walked out the door.

Oliver noticed his mother was nervous and he comforted her. The doorbell rang and Diggle opened the door. He let out a small sigh and let the guest walk into the foyer. "Hi Lydia," Thea greeted, coming down the stairs. She gave Lydia a hug and headed out. Oliver turned around and his eyes went big in slight anger when he saw Lydia. "Hi Oliver. Moira," she said, shaking her hand.

Oliver could feel the awkward tension between his mother and Lydia. "Excuse me, I have to go," Moira said, grabbing her coat and purse and leaving. As soon as Moira left the house Oliver looked at Diggle then at Lydia. "What is wrong with you?" He asked, slightly raising his voice. "You knew you were the target and you show up at my house and my mother is here!" Diggle snorted. "I would know if I'm about to die, Oliver. John, did you see the look on her face. She hired people to clean up a mess and it failed," Lydia said with a smirk on her face.

Oliver let out a breath and walked out the door with Lydia and Diggle following him. "Where we going?" Diggle asked as they got in the car. "We're gonna pick up Felicity and then to Merlyn Global," he told them.

Felicity got in the car and they drove to Merlyn Global. "Tommy quit his job at the Verdant and got a job at his father's company," Oliver explained. "I told you to tell them," Lydia said under her breath. Oliver ignored it. "Felicity and Lydia will go to the data room and download anything about the Undertaking while I stall Tommy. Diggle will stay watch on the first floor for anyone," he announced.

The car pulled in front of the company and Oliver and Diggle got out first. Diggle sat in a chair and pulled out a newspaper, watching the front door. Oliver went to the front desk. "I have a 1:00 o'clock appointment with Tommy Merlyn," he said. "Mr. Merlyn is available right now. On the 15th floor," the receptionist said.