Part 11

Italics- Lydia's / Oliver's voices or dreams

Oliver

Swaying on a rescue raft for days. Oliver's faint body is sitting there, hungry and tired. His father and a crew worker are the only survivors of  the Queen's Gambit.

"Son," Robert calls out. Oliver looks up at him, hardly conscious. "Take this," he handed him a book to put in his pocket. Robert looked at the crew member, pulled out a gun and shot him.

The man fell backwards into the water. Oliver was shocked at what his father had just done. "I'm not the man you think I am, Oliver. Survive," Robert said. He held Oliver's hand before shooting himself in the head.

Oliver woke up abruptly in his bed. He groaned at the pain from his shoulder and his half healed leg. He changed the bandage on his shoulder and put on clothes.

He went downstairs and was greeted by Lydia who was at the door. Diggle appeared from the hallway and headed towards them.

"So, what are we gonna do about your mom?" Diggle asked. Oliver didn't know what to say, so he kept quiet. "How about the vigilante questions Moira Queen," Lydia pitched. "I've already terrified her and got shot," Oliver said, shaking his head. "I'll do it," Diggle said. The three of them dispersed, Oliver and Lydia going the living room and Diggle leaving.

Oliver sat down across from Lydia and they began their session. "My father gave me the book to right his wrongs," Oliver started. "And, it's difficult to see my mother part of it."

Lydia was writing down notes. "Ever since I've been back, I dream the same thing," he said. "What is that?" She asked. "My father dying. Only this time, it's vivid," he explained.

Lydia took a pause, trying to understand what he's going through. "Remember the good memories of your father to help you," she told him.

Right then, they heard the front door open and close. "Hello Mrs. Queen," Lydia greeted, getting up. "Hi," she said, with a smile on her face. "Are you guys finished?" She asked. "We just did," Oliver pitched in.

Lydia nodded at Oliver and started to leave the living room. "Lydia, why don't you stay for lunch?" Moira asked. "We have a few other guests joining us," she added. Lydia made eye contact with Oliver. "The more the merrier," she said.

Lydia

Lydia waited in the living room with Oliver till the other guests arrived. Oliver texted Diggle to postpone their plan.

When the doorbell rang, Oliver and Lydia went to see who it was. Moira had opened the door for Malcolm, Laurel, and Tommy. "Welcome," Moira said, leading everyone to the dining table.

Malcolm and Moira sat at the heads of table. Lydia sat across from Tommy, closest to Malcolm, as Oliver and Laurel were opposites near Moira.

The chef came out with the food and set it in the center of the table. They started to eat their food. "Where's Thea?" Tommy asked, looking around. "She's hanging out with her friend Roy," Moira said.

Lydia was eating silently, listening to everyone talk. "So Lydia," Malcolm began, stretching out her name. "Will you be going to the city awards tomorrow?" He asked. "Yes, I was invited," she replied, taking a sip of her drink.

Malcolm looked at Tommy who ignored his look. "Tommy, is there something you want to ask Oliver?" Malcolm asked. Oliver looked up at Tommy, waiting for his question. "Uhm," he cleared his throat. "I was wondering if I could get a job at your club," he said. Oliver smiled. "Of course."

Lydia saw Malcolm give Moira a glance but she ignored it. From the corner of her eye, Malcolm lightly struck his silverware on his plate. Everyone was still eating and laughing so they didn't hear.

She was sitting next to him, hearing the continuous ringing. He repeatedly hit the plate with his fork. The sound drowned out the conversations pushing her closer to a daze.

Lydia was on the edge of her seat, her hands resting on her lap. She had focused on the plates in front of her, still hearing the noise. She knew she couldn't scream to wake her up, she just had to endure the frozenness.

Next to her, a hand slipped in her's. Oliver's. She snapped out the daze and rejoined her surroundings. She squeezed his hand to assure him that she's okay.

Lydia looked over at Malcolm who had stopped the taping. She relaxed in her seat and took a big gulp of her drink.

Everyone had finished eating. Malcolm and Moira stayed at the dining table to continue talking. Tommy took Laurel to the living room for a private conversation.

Oliver led Lydia to the family room. "What happened in there?" He asked with concern. "Malcolm was taping his fork on his plate and it put me in a daze," she told him, hardly looking at him. "Does he know?" He asked. "I don't know. Only if he believes," she said.

Lydia's eyes wandered around the room. Oliver caught  her and turned to see what she was looking at. "Can you play?" He asked, motioning to the piano. Lydia moved past him towards the piano.

Oliver followed her and he sat down on the bench. Lydia didn't bother sitting down, she opened the top of the piano. Lydia bent over to put her ear close to the strings of the piano and softly plucked it.

Moira

Malcolm had moved closer to Moira at the dining table. "Is Walter safe?" She asked. "He's still alive," he said. "Unidac Industries is almost done with the device," he told her.

Moira was sitting uncomfortably in her chair as Malcolm spoke. " I don't care about that. Please, just let him free," Moira said. He didn't speak, he just leaned back in his chair.

"Why is the therapist here?" He asked, changing the subject. "She was already here, so I asked her to join," Moira explained. "What is your problem with her, she is helping Oliver," she said.

They started to hear the faint music from the piano. "Let me show you," he said, getting up. Moira followed Malcolm to the family room.

They both peeked around the corner looking at Oliver and Lydia. Oliver was sitting on the bench not playing. Moira saw how Lydia was listening to the strings being plucked.

Malcolm and Moira went back to the table and sat down. "What was she doing?" Moira asked. "Lydia was listening to what the voices are telling her," Malcolm said. "When we were eating, I was taping my silverware on my plate putting her in a trance," he added. "What does that have to do with anything?" Moira asked. "She is a banshee," Malcolm said. Moira gasped. "I've heard short stories about them," she said. "We cannot continue The Undertaking if she is around," Malcolm said.

Lydia

She stopped plucking the strings and lifted her head. "What did you hear?" Oliver asked. "Eichen House," Lydia whispered. "Walter's in Eichen."

—————————

Eichen House, the worst place ever in Teen Wolf