Part 16

Italics- Lydia's visions

Lydia

Lydia read the paper she had scribbled on, stressed out by what it said. "503 people," She said, shaking her head. "We can stop it," Oliver said. "But we don't know when it's going to happen," Diggle told them.

Oliver's phone started to ring. "Hey Speedy," he said before walking to the corner. He hung up the phone and turned on the computer to the news. On camera, Moira was giving a speech. "I have been part of something with Malcolm Merlyn who has planned to level the Glades tonight. So please, take your family and leave," she said, before police arrested her. "Now we know when," Lydia commented. Oliver's burner phone started to ring. "Detective, I know," Oliver said, hanging up.

Lydia looked at the computer and felt her heart sink. Her surroundings began to disappear. She was in the hideout alone. The ground was heavily shaking then it stopped. The lights were destroyed and it was dark. The mannequin for Oliver's suit had fallen and some of the computer's were shattered. One screen lit up and flickered. Lydia watched from a helicopter's view of the sunken city. Smoke and debris was coming from the hole. The camera angle zoomed onto a building. It was burning and people were running outside, screaming.

The view changed again to inside the building. Lydia saw the fallen ceiling and electric circuits sparking. The wires lit a fire and someone inside the building was crying for help. She moved closer to the computer screen and got a better look, it was Laurel. She had a bar wire stuck in her chest and she was bleeding. "Help!" She called out to anyone.

Coming through the side, Lydia saw Oliver walk in. He took off his hood and attended to Laurel. Oliver tried to pull her out but the pole was connected to a big chunk of the ceiling. "Laurel," he sobbed, holding her hand. Laurel started to cough up blood. "Tommy, my dad, you, I love you guys," she said, managing a smile. Laurel started to choke on her own blood and the building was about to collapse. Oliver gave her a kiss on the forehead and left the building before it crumbled.

Lydia looked away from the screen, tears running down her face. "Laurel," she cried. "Lydia!" A distant voice called. "Lydia!"

Lydia snapped out of her trance with Oliver shaking her and Felicity waving a hand in front of her face. "What happened?" Felicity asked. Lydia took a gulp about to speak, but she couldn't find the words. "502..." she trailed off. "One less person," Diggle commented. Lydia looked worriedly at Oliver, "and Laurel."

"Laurel's going to die?" He asked, his voice shaking. Lydia looked at him and nodded. "And hundreds of other people," Diggle said. "That too," Felicity added. "Oliver, call Lance and tell him to get the whole department to evacuate the Glades," Lydia told him, as he picked up the phone.

Oliver

"Thank you Detective," Oliver said, ending the phone. "I'll be right back," he told the team, before leaving the door to the alleyway.

Oliver arrived at the precinct avoiding the paparazzi and reporters. "Ollie!" Thea cried out, hugging him. "Where's mom?" He asked. "She's in the interrogation room with Lance," she told him.

Oliver saw Lance come out the door with Moira in handcuffs. "Mom!" He called, as he and Thea rushed to her. Lance stopped so she could speak. "Stay out of the Glades," she warned. "I love you." The two kids watched as their mother was escorted out the precinct.

Oliver looked over to Thea and squeezed her shoulders. "Go home," he told her. "But Roy. He lives in the Glades," she said, her voice shaking. "It's almost sundown. Get him and go to the house," he said, kissing her on the forehead before she left.