Part 8

Italics- Lydia's voices/visions

Oliver

Thea, Oliver, Walter, and Moira had all been escorted by Diggle and other bodyguards to the courthouse for Thea's hearing.

"You will be serving a time in jail for your actions," the judge said. "This will show that the rich are not above the law," he stated. Moira gasped at the judge's ruling and Thea was in shock.

The family was in another room with a lawyer to talk about it. "There's nothing I can do," their lawyer said. They all sat there in disbelief until Laurel walked in. She set down paper and started her work. "Thea, you can either do community service at the CNRI with me or you can spend time in jail," Laurel said. Thea looked at her mother, "I'd rather be in jail than be with you," she said bitterly. "Thea," Oliver exclaimed. "Laurel is giving you a great deal." "Fine, I'll take it," she said.

Everyone entered back in the court. Laurel stood up and began talking. "Your honor, Thea hadn't actually turned eighteen the night of the accident, she was still a minor. So I would like to give her community service at the CNRI," she said. The judge sat there thinking. "Okay. This court is adjourned," he said hitting the gavel.

Thea gave Oliver a hug as they heard the great news. They were leaving the court when Oliver saw Laurel. "Thank you for what you did in there," he said sincerely. "I was doing it for Thea," she said leaving the courthouse.

Diggle and Oliver headed to the Verdant. They went down the stairs to the hideout that Lydia was already there. "How's Thea?" She asked in concern as they entered. "She's going to be okay," Oliver said.

"Tonight, we are going to branch out from the book. We are going to stop the person supplying everyone with Vertigo." Oliver announced. "His name is The Count," Lydia said looking at the computer with his profile up. "Guess we're buying drugs," Diggle said.

——————————

Oliver and Diggle set up a meeting to buy vertigo at a rendezvous point.

"Hello Mr, Queen," The Count said. He looked at the case Diggle was holding at pointed at it. "How much?" He asked. Diggle walked forward opening up the case showing it to The Count. "You're going to get my new recipe," he said smiling. He moved his hand to inform his men to pass the vertigo.

Before they could pass it down, gunshots were being fired form afar. Red and blue lights were flashing in the distance as the people in the deal began to run. Diggle pulled out his gun and began to shoot at the car The Count was in.

When the shooting was over, the police were still searching the area for evidence. Diggle and Oliver had hidden in a corner watching them. "Alright, let's go," Detective Lance told everyone. Oliver and Diggle waited for them to leave so they could go back to the Verdant.

They entered the hideout. "He got away," Oliver said slamming the table. "We need to find him, and stop him," he announced. "I can look for him," Lydia pitched. They both looked at her confused. "Just get something from the scene," Lydia said.

——————————

The next day, Oliver entered the police station. "What are you doing here Queen?" Lance asked. "I came here to visit," he explained. Lance didn't bother asking anymore questions and continued his work.

"Caroline Forbes," Oliver said, walking towards her desk. "Oliver Queen," she said with a smile on her face. It's been a long time, what do you need?" She asked. "Do you have any information on The Count?" Oliver asked quietly. Caroline looked at him confused. "I just wanna know for my sister and all," he lied. She sighed and then gave him a folder. "It's not much, but that's all I have on him," she said, leaving her desk.