Chapter Four

Thursday, December 19, 1 pm

Great news #1: I think I actually did well in my French final.

Great news #2: I haven't been drugged and kidnapped (yet). Tina has been avoiding me for the majority of the day while Lana is too busy telling everyone about the hot date she has for tomorrow night to think about me ruining her plans.

Plus, Lars has assured me that he won't let anything bad happen to me.

By the way, what is happening with Lars lately? He keeps smiling to himself and starts laughing every time I start complaining about Christmas (ok, he always laughs when I complain so this isn't really news). I know he doesn't have a new girlfriend or anything since he is always asking me for advice when he asks a girl out (why me of all people, I wonder?).

During lunch I asked him what was wrong but he just smiled mysteriously and said nothing.

Yeah, right. I am not that dense.

If he's not careful, I am keeping his Christmas gift for myself this year.

Thursday, December 19, 5 pm

Great news #3: I am done with exams.

Great news #4: for the first time in ... years? I have a whole afternoon off. No homework. No studying. No therapy. No Princess Lessons. Nothing princess related.

Is this how real holiday feels like?

It is so peaceful it is actually slightly annoying.

Is this how abstinence feels like?

Damn. Am I like that old guy in The Shawshank Redemption? You know, the one that hangs himself because he cannot survive outside of prison? Have I too been institutionalized and cannot live a princess-free life anymore?

Grandmere, you truly are an alien, aren't you?

Thursday, December 19, 6 pm

Maybe I could go pack?

Yeah ... no.

Thursday, December 19, 8 pm

Rene just called.

Andrew is getting married.

You know, the guy I was supposed to date last summer but didn't because it turned out he was gay?

Well, he is marrying his boyfriend in Spain on the 26th.

And I am invited. Along with Rene, Sebastiano and Harry.

Oh my god. Is it possible that our old gang is getting together again? It would totally make this Christmas way, way better!

There's just one problem – I am kind of not allowed to see Harry this Christmas. Grandmere would freak if... I mean, I have to be on my best behavior this holiday, since her banker will be there and all ... there's no way she would let me go to Spain, even if just for a day to attend the wedding. Especially a gay wedding since she is ... well, you know, Grandmere.

And I shouldn't run away again, like I did last year.

But I really, really want to go! It will be so much fun!

I hate being a princess. Have I ever told you that?

Thursday, December 19, 10 pm

Just got off the phone with Sebastiano.

He is designing the wedding clothes for the groom and groom at Andrew's wedding. He has to do something special. Or something like that, I couldn't really understand what he was saying since he was so excited.