Chapter Fourteen

Saturday, December 28, 7 am

I got so many texts this morning that I actually would not be surprised if my phone indeed got some superpowers and moved itself out of my reach.

I woke up to the sound of my phone beeping. I was about to get up when a pair of very strong arms wrapped around me and stopped me.

"Can't you leave that thing for a minute?" Michael said with a sleepy voice, "I seriously think you might have a problem, Mia ..."

Which is, of course, true. I do have a problem. I need to get some more rational friends.

Here are the texts I got:

Lana:

TINA TELLS ME YOU ARE BACK WITH MICHAEL. He better be super-hot now. Because Scott is super-hot. But never mind, more fun for me, ha. PS: NOW YOU CAN PUT THE LINGERIE TO SOME GOOD USE when he comes back from Japan or wherever he is! USE IT, GEEK!

Shameeka:

You and Michael are back together! Omg! Happy 4 U.

Boris:

Tina told me you and Michael are dating again. I am very happy for you, Mia. - Boris

Lilly:

Still snowing here. They fixed the heating system, at least. And you are not missing anything, Michael couldn't come. He is stuck in Tsukuba. And I am stuck with my parents while Kenny is skiing somewhere in Vermont ... Did you know there is apparently a new Jung theory? But I think my parents learned their lesson because they threw the newspaper away as soon as Dad saw the article.

Then Lana again:

USE THE LINGERIE, GEEK! I MEAN IT! THE MOMENT HE COMES BACK FROM JAPAN, USE IT!

Then Harry:

What do I hear about That Boy being in Genovia right now?

JP:

He finally came to his senses, huh?

Lilly again:

Ha! Tina tells me you finally told her! AND THE EARTH HASN'T STOPPED ROTATING! Told your grandmother yet? I mean, she cannot have worse Christmas than the one 2 years ago, right?

Tina again:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I am still sooooooooo happy!

Seriously, how did I become so popular? I mean, in our Freshmen year...

Is that Vigo screaming?

Saturday, December 28, 9 am

Uh-oh, that was close.

I was in Michael's room, having some quality time with him when I heard Vigo screaming.

"Princess, where are you? You have to get up! We have to move ahead with your schedule!"

Is that a way to treat a princess, I ask?

But that's not really my point. I mean, Grandmere would DIE if she heard Vigo caught me in Michael's room at 7 am where I was pretty much since last night.

Ok, Grandmere probably wouldn't die or anything but I do think she would cause bodily harm to Michael or something.

But my Dad might get a coronary.

So jumped up, went to my balcony, made a mess out of my bed as quickly as I could, before putting on a robe. Vigo was cheerfully knocking on my door, calling my name.

"What? It is not even 8, I am not late for breakfast or anything," I said groggily as I opened the door.

Vigo totally didn't show any compassion.