Chapter Sixteen

Sunday, December 29, 8 pm

She is seriously angry with me.

I am stuck at dinner with Genovian olive farmers.

She didn't let Michael come. I asked why and she said it was because he wasn't the member of the Genovian Royal Family. 

Then I pointed out neither was Natalia who is sitting opposite to me and keeps asking waiters for water because alcohol is apparently going directly into her thighs.

Grandmere said Michael had no proper clothing with him anyway.

Which, I am sorry, but Sebastiano could easily make something for him in no time.

René just whispered to me that Grandmere is probably not as upset with Michael as she is with the fact that I have a functional relationship while her consort, Arne, has still not come back from his road trip.

He said that if she allowed him to come with his blue hair (though, to be honest, the constant washing of his hair is showing some kind of effect – half of his hair is now back to its normal brown), Michael's clothing definitely wouldn't be a problem.

Then he added that Grandmere was probably worried that the farmers would be so impressed with Michael that they would completely forget to compliment her shiny and wrinkleless skin.

Besides, Harry too wasn't allowed to come so, René finished, it definitely wasn't personal when Grandmere decided Michael couldn't come.

Things are so simple in guys' minds, aren't they?

Sunday, December 29, 9 pm

My sincere apologies to the leading meteorology experts that are also here but I forgot to mention them.

They are having a lengthy discussion regarding the effects of global warming on Genovia's agriculture.

Which, I mean, is a big problem and all, but I have been telling this to everyone since I found out I was a princess. I am the one fighting for the artificial Christmas tree in the main square. I am the one fighting for free public transportation for all Genovians.

And I am the one nobody ever listens to.

Just because I didn't graduate from meteorology, it does not mean I am completely clueless.

Sunday, December 29, 10 pm

**List Of Best NCIS Moments, By HRH Mia & HRH René**

1. When Tony stops the car only to yell his lungs out.

2. Tony being high on painkillers –'my fingers are fingering ...'

3. Kate & Tony at the gynecologist's office - 'you slept with my sister', 'I thought she was you!', 'she weighs 300 pounds!'

4. Tony: 'If I needed to be cheered up I would have put super glue on McGee's keyboard.' McGee: 'You put super glue on my keyboard!'

5. Pimmy Jalmer falling down that hill / Stay in the Car!

6. Ziva licking Tony's ear to wake him up

7. 'Step down McFlowerPower, you've had your chance to speak'

8. Gibbs shooting that guy in the butt

Sunday, December 29, 10:30 pm

All formal dinners end before 10 pm.

So why is this one still lasting? Why are we now having another round of desserts and wine in the salon instead of the dining room?

Grandmere can say whatever she wants but I know it is not because she would be so fascinated with olive trees.