Chapter Ten

Friday, December 27

O.H. M.Y. G.O.D.

What have I done?

What have WE done?

Before we left the palace, we made sure we told as many people as possible that we were off to Monaco to greet some of our cousins. Then we took the car (René somehow managed to sober up in less than five hours. Respect. Or maybe I was just too tired to care about his intoxication. Oh my god, what was I thinking? No wonder it all ended the way it did if it already started so horribly!) and indeed drove to Monaco where we boarded the train.

Although I was planning on sleeping, I didn't sleep one bit. When the lady with a trolley came, René decided to buy every kind of candy she was selling. Let me just say Europe has some delicious sweets, not to mention chocolate.

Sebastiano, who as a fashion designer was chosen to dress groom & groom, was all mysterious about what he has prepared and to be honest, his bag looked way too small to be containing two wedding outfits. But all René and I got out of his was that he had everything planned out.

And indeed he had. When we reached Spain, Harry was already waiting for us at the train station. When he and Sebastiano winked at each other, well, that was when things started to fall apart. It turned out Harry knew everything about Sebastiano's plan – Sebastiano kind of didn't have a choice since Harry is the only one from our group that has, well, money. My spendings are still heavily controlled by Dad who surely wouldn't be pleased to see I had a major spending spree somewhere in Spain. René is, well, broke. Sebastiano's lines haven't been very successful yet, mainly because he still has to finish at least one. His creations are financed by the Genovian royal family so ... yeah, Harry truly was the only one who could finance the great wedding Sebastiano had planned.

So we took a cab and imagine my surprise when it stopped in front of the wedding salon. Where they sell bridal gowns

BRIDAL GOWNS.

For women that get married.

"Um ..." I said, "why are we here?"

Harry looked at me as if I was crazy.

"To buy a wedding gown, what did you think?"

"Yeah ... but ... last time I checked there were two grooms?"

"There still are. We are not buying it for them," Harry said patiently, "it is for you, Genovia."

Ok. Did he just say what I think he did?

For me? A bridal gown? Do I indeed have amnesia and this is somehow my wedding day and I forgot?

Well, of course it was too good to be true. I mean, there's no way I am ever getting a wedding that does not include Grandmere, has plenty of vegetarian plates and a complete absence of TV cameras.

"Um ... why? It is not like I am getting married?"

"They ask me to plan something spec for them," Sebastiano explained, "since their wed is not the most traditional, they wanted some to ephasi this fact. And I thought – why don't we switch clothes? The wed couple in norm clothing and the best men – that's bridesmaid for you, Amelie – in tradition wed clothes. Geni, don't you think?"

His eyes sparkled as he spoke. And I admit, his idea did sound good – minus the whole ME IN A WEDDING DRESS aspect.

"Um ... yeah, but it is a wedding gown, Sebastiano."

"I know! That is the great part of everything!"

"Why are we buying one? Why didn't you make one?"