Chapter Thirteen

Friday, December 27, later

NOT ONLY THAT I CANNOT MAKE OUT WITH MY BOYFRIEND WHEN HE IS IN JAPAN AND I AM IN NEW YORK/GENOVIA – NOOO, WE DON'T EVEN GET TO MAKE OUT WHEN WE HAPPEN TO BE ON THE SAME CONTINENT!

At first it was actually cute. You know, we planned to sneak out through the kitchen to minimize any possibility of bumping into Grandmere (yes, I do realize I will have to face her eventually, but I would rather do it later than sooner). I didn't plan on Pierre, who apparently got over the fact that my hair is now in the color of a goldfish, to sit us down and treat us with previews of today's dessert.

I mean, I am not saying they weren't good or anything but you know how the thing with chocolate is – you just can't stop eating it once you try it.

Which is actually rather similar to kissing your boyfriend.

So I guess that explains why chocolate is such a good break up remedy.

And then Pierre, who is an avid meat eater, and Michael, who is also an avid meat eater, delved into a long debate regarding, well, meat, and I just stuffed down more chocolate cake.

When they finally discussed every kind of meat there is (ok, I do realize it is important that Michael has a good relationship with every employee of the palace since he will live here one day if everything goes according to plan AND EVERYTHING WILL GO ACCORDING TO PLAN but ... couldn't he wait until AFTER I would have shown him the winter garden?) and we finally managed to get out of the kitchen and I was leading him to the winter garden we bumped into the royal gardeners.

And they too were so excited to see Michael that they devoted the entire hour to show him (and me, but I think they were mostly impressed by him) all the gardens including those who aren't blooming till spring and the winter garden.

Well, at least I got reminded once again why it is such a perfect make-out place.

And I practically melted when Michael asked for an orange rose so that he could give it to me. And I could see the gardeners were melting too, though they were kind enough to look away when I gave Michael one giant kiss as a thank you.

And right at that moment, a meowing cat ran by.

I mean, yeah, I was kind of busy kissing Michael and all, but I could still see the cat and realize that it is the same cat that was practically AWOL since my not really ballet-style fall off the tree.

The gardeners of course knew it too. and I guess they thought I was about to go chase it again.

"Don't worry, Princess, we will handle this!" they screamed and ran after the cat.

Michael wrapped his arms around me.

"How come every time I come here you guys have some problems with cats?" Michael eyed me suspiciously.

"I swear, I wasn't feeding them."

"Right," he said, totally not believing me.

"Really! I have nothing to do with it!" I exclaimed (I guess it is the truth when people say that if you lie regularly, in the end people don't even believe you when you are telling the truth).

"Sure it is," he smiled and leaned closer to me to kiss me.

But, as it was established already, people just don't want us to make out.

One of the waiters appeared out of nowhere and of course my eyes went all wide because, HOW CAN I HAVE SUCH MISFORTUNE? Michael saw my reaction and stopped leaning closer, looking over his shoulder.

"Excuse me," said the waiter with a goofy grin on his face, "lunch is being served."

"What does a guy have to do around here to have a minute with his girlfriend?" Michael whispered into my ear.