Chapter Seventeen

Monday, December 30, 7 pm

My boyfriend looks so hot in the tux.

Yes, Grandmere said it was ok for Michael to come to the dinner tonight. I don't know what made her change her mind but I DO NOT CARE!

"Where have you been all day?" he asked me after a big kiss.

"No – where have YOU been all night AND all day?" I said. "What were you doing with Sebastiano?"

"He made me a tux," he shrugged.

"Right. I might actually believe that if I hadn't seen with my own eyes how fast he is with sawing," I eyed him suspiciously.

"You'll find out sooner or later," he smiled at me all mysteriously, "now, while I am happy to talk about your family, I would actually prefer to kiss you again."

I think Agnes and Rosagunde cried in their graves as I dropped the subject and let him kiss me. I mean, he looked so HOT! And he smelled so NICE! Women might really not need men to be strong and independent, but I don't think it hurts to have a man.

Especially if he is as hot, smart, funny and nice as Michael.

Monday, December 30, 8 pm

We just finished with the soup and the main course is being brought.

I'll just say that it won't be my fault if by the end of the evening the dress looks way too big on me.

Monday, December 30, 8:30 pm

Arne is totally losing Grandmere's affection. He just asked Sebastiano who his hair stylist is because he totally loved his half-up half-down Mohawk.

Grandmere nearly dropped the fork in a very un-princess-like matter.

Monday, December 30, 9 pm

This dinner is getting weirder and weirder.

I mean, yeah, Grandmere is still ignoring Michael.

Natalia, Dad's girlfriend, finally found someone she can talk to during formal events (she is a nice person and all but she knows nothing about olives trees or economy) – Kjetil's girlfriend, Greta. They are discussing this very expensive French cream they bought because it was supposed to make their skin tighter but instead, it left them with a terrible rash (that's society's crazy obsession for beauty and perfect skin, everybody!).

Kjetil hasn't moved his eyes off his iPhone (no, wait, actually he did – when looked up when I sat down, saying he thought I was still being treated in hospital for the tree incident - which was mean and all but at least he didn't sell the pictures he took with his phone to the media).

René hasn't learned anything from last night, he is still happily drinking and telling me all he knows about Bella (apparently, she is no longer engaged to some waiter dude from Belgium. She also wasn't accepted to some fine Swiss school. Contessa is supposedly putting her under immense pressure since she has to find a proper husband if she wants to continue living the high society life)

Harry is demonstrating in just how many languages he can ask for a hot bath (he might know Korean but I know Irish).

But that's not it.

What's weird is that Grandmere does not let Arne talk about his hunting days. Nor about food. Nor about what he has seen on his road trip. She even just smiled impatiently when he complimented her hair.

She is too busy verbally batting Contessa Trevanni.

I mean, it is no mystery, Grandmere can be and usually is verbally abusing and all but she never does it in public, as a princess.