🌹 1 🌹

(Mingi pov.)

Sun was slowly rising up. When sun rises, it means new beginning. When sun rises, a new days starts and people can go out without being suspicious. They can work, they can do exciting things.

They can be happy. They can feel like they live. They do not have to deal with being only partially alive for the last 200 years.

But they were humans. They felt. Mingi didn't.

The vampire didn't sleep during the night. He actually never slept. It didn't seem like it was important. He couldn't feel tired.

Well, actually he could. He felt tired and bored all the time, but it wasn't from the lack of sleep. It was from the frustration.

It wasn't something sleep could heal, chase away.

Mingi lifted the heavy on top of his "bed". You probably know by now that it was a coffin, not a bed. Vampires slept in coffins and boy were they comfortable. They were made specifically for your body, they were filled with velvety cushions, they hugged your tired being just right and felt like you were wrapped in the thickest blanket.

The vampire stood up and looked in front of himself for good five minutes before walking out of the room. It was something he was used to by now. Every morning was just so boring that he had to convince himself to move.

He walked from the cellar up the grey stairs. They were solid beton, nothing fancy. This whole underground place was the "vampire's lair", straight from the human books. It was dark, stoney, black, covered in cobwebs and dust. But it was just the hallways that looked abandoned. The rooms behind the heavy wooden doors were something different.

And when you walked up the stairs and entered the not-underground part of the castle, it was a completely different story. You would be blinded by the sparkling chandeliers, amazed by the wall decorations and even confused by all the carpets, stairs up and the countless engraved doors with silver handles.

That would be if Mingi actually took care of the place. With his current mental state his own life was fading and so were the marble floors and stone walls. The once fresh roses in the countless vases were desert dry, the fancy tapestries on the wall were covered in dust and the golden railing securing the stairs has lost its shine.

Mingi looked around the first hallway. He didn't feel anything. It looked like it did the last 100 years, and he was happy with how it was now.

If you could say he was happy. More precise wording would be "he wasn't annoyed with it." He didn't think he should change it.

Why would he even do that? He had no visitors. No friends nor family. He didn't have "a boyfriend" or "a lover" like the main characters in human books always had. He didn't have any reason to keep this place visually pleasing.

The vampire walked up one staircase and took a few turns. He knew this place too well. He could walk here blindfolded and still navigate better than humans.

After a few minutes Mingi appeared in his dressing room. It was huge, it was filled with old closets and a bit more modern metal racks. The closets hid the most versatile collection of silk shirts, robes, dress pants and capes. The colors went from pitch black through royal blue to shiny rose gold, covering all colors of the rainbow and beyond.

The shirts were all skintight, decorated with ruffles or buttons. The fabric was shiny and smooth, cold against his pale skin. If he walked out in one of these, people would fall in love with him. That's what happens when someone looks good, right? People fall in love.

Love... this ancient thing, following humanity wherever it went. Always present, always being the subject and reson to conversation. Force that could move mountains, dry oceans and heal wounds. Magic emotion, stronger than every other.