🌹 5 🌹

(Hongjoong pov)

Hongjoong pulled the blanket over his still closed eyes. The sun was shining right into his face, waking him up.

But Hongjoong didn't want to wake up. He wanted to stay here, in the fortress  built from pillows and blankets, providing safety and warmth. He wanted to stay inside his own, comforting space, where he didn't have to think about anything. Safe sanctuary where he could forget her and maybe even himself forever and just stay hidden until the end of world.

Hongjoong didn't really want to wake up and be responsible. He had no energy for leading his company. Actually he didn't want to lead it for a long time now. He was considering giving the company to his old friend, Eden. That man was good with music, he could handle it.

But she wouldn't like-

Wait, she wasn't here anymore. Right. He had nothing to keep him there. He could sell the company now. He could stay in there blankets and enjoy the smell of roses.

His blankets weren't supposed to smell like roses.

Hongjoong opened his eyes as he sat up. His head started spinning and he quickly laid back to the bed. The bed that wasn't his own.

He looked at the ceiling and his surroundings overall. The place was luxurious at the first glance. Gold decorated the wall and ceiling, the furniture was old but beautiful, the window was big and clear. The bed he was laying in was made of the softest materials, the sheets were pure silk.

And the whole room was filled with white roses, smelling better than anything Hongjoong has ever smelled before.

The room was beautiful. But how did he get here?

Hongjoong didn't know about any place in the city that looked like this. The most expensive apartments were way below this. This... this was straight up royal. The city didn't have money to keep this up.

Hongjoong sat up again, this time slowly, and adored all the things he saw. He got up from the bed and yelped a little when his bare feet met the cold wooden floor. His socks probably stayed in his apartment.

The man walked to the window, which appeared to be a door. He opened it and stepped out on the balcony. He shivered in the cold wind and thought about getting the blanket but forgot everything when he saw the view.

High black mountains covered in green spruce trees surrounded the building he was in. The sun shined from the blue sky: it was about eleven o'clock in the morning. He definitely slept more than normally.

Hongjoong leaned over the railing and tried to have a look at the house he was staying in. And he was stunned for the second time of the day.

The house wasn't a house. It was a castle. Numerous towers leaned towards the sky, hundreds of window letting the daylight in. The outside was rough and strong and definitely really old.

Hongjoong was amazed. He was in a castle. He was surrounded by marble and roses, old furniture and delicate details on every surface he saw.

Did he die yesterday? Was this heaven? Was he even awake?

This was his ultimate dream, that he had since he was a little boy. Living in a castle. He never thought it would come true.

He walked back inside with a wide smile. Wherever he was he loved it. Finally some reason to be happy...

Hongjoong's smile faded when he remembered yesterday night. He was crying for hours and eventually cried himself to sleep. He remembered calling Mingi out of despair...

Mingi. He called him to save him. And Mingi actually came.

Hongjoong sat down on the bed when he realised that Mingi was in his home. He didn't tell him where he lived, and still the red haired man found him. He hugged him and Hongjoong told him to get him out.

And Mingi picked him up and walked to the window and then...

Then there was just black. Hongjoong didn't remember more.

And now Hongjoong was somewhere far away from his city, in a room he didn't recognize, feeling safer than ever before.

Could it be that Mingi lived here? Could it be that Hongjoong was living his dream because of Mingi?

Could it be that the stranger cared about him?

Wait a minute again... How did Mingi live in a castle? How did he have enough money to keep it up? Did he have servants or did he clean all of this by himself? What was he doing for living?

Hongjoong shook his head to chase away the thoughts. He could get the answer easily if he found Mingi. He could talk and ask him about this. Now that he was thinking about it, he didn't know anything about the kind man. He always listened to Hongjoong talking, never demanding any sort of attention for himself.

That was a nono. Hongjoong didn't want to seem selfish. He should give Mingi a chance to express himself too.

Yes, that's what he'll be doing today. If he ever manages to find the mysterious man.

Hongjoong looked around to see if there were any clothes nearby. He still had his t-shirt and sweatpants, but it felt odd to wear that in a place like this.

The white haired man spotted a closet in one of the corners. He opened the heavy door and cheered. There were some clothes.

Okay, there was one shirt and one pair of jeans, but it was way better than his outfit. He put the new clothes on and checked himself out in the mirror standing next to the closer.

Damn he looked good. Never did he think that white silky shirt and black jeans would look this gorgeous on him.

Hongjoong twirled around and then carefully walked out of his room. He appeared in a hallway, just as beautiful as the bedroom. There tapestries and paintings on the walls and every few metres there was a big, engraved pillar. There were countless doors, leading who knows where. The whole place was satisfyingly symmetrical.

Hongjoong walked down the hallway, his bare feet softly tapping the marble floor. He wandered around the castle for what felt like an hour, admiring everything and everywhere. He had found a lots of bedrooms, each one slightly different but still gorgeous. He had found multiple bathrooms with bathtubs more expensive than his whole apartment, living rooms with leather sofas and soft cushions. He found at least two libraries with thousands of books, a music room with piano and other instruments and he even found some old storage my mistake.

The whole place was empty. There was no sign of humans living there. No maids, no janitors, no bodyguards or cooks. It was all empty.

And Mingi was god knows where. If he was here.

Hongjoong got to some big room, or maybe more like gigantic hallway. It had numerous windows open, a red carpet on the ground and crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. This area was also decorated with roses, just like every place he had seen until now.

Hongjoong stood there in the middle on this huge place, eyeing his surroundings. This was all too good to be true, it had to be a dream. There was no way he was standing in a huge hall with marble and crystals and roses, barefoot on red carpet, in a silk shirt and jeans he found in a random closet.

"Hongjoong?"