🌹 6 🌹

(Hongjoong pov.)

Hongjoong turned to the familiar voice coming from no-one else but Mingi. The man was standing on the stairs Hongjoong somehow completely missed.

"Mingi? So it was you who brought me here! How did you do it? What is this place? And who are you?" Hongjoong asked all his questions at once, not giving Mingi any time to answer. But can you blame him? He was in a castle, naturally he wanted to know what was going on.

Mingi walked down the stairs. Hongjoong saw his tense arms and neck and wondered what did he do wrong. Were the questions too much? What if Mingi didn't really want him here?

"Come with me. I'll explain everything, but you must be starving. Do you wanna something to eat?"

Okay, Mingi wouldn't ask him to eat if he didn't want him here. Hongjoong was safe for now.

"You have food? What do you have? Do you have croissants?"

Hongjoong loved croissants.

Mingi laughed and Hongjoong could swear he melted right there. Mingi's laugh was beautiful, it was the greatest music he had ever heard.

"Of course I have croissants. And I have some nutella too if you want. Or maybe fried eggs and bacon? Or what about fruit salad with honey?"

"Can I get a bit from each?"

"Sure thing. Follow me."

Mingi began walking somewhere, Hongjoong supposed it was the kitchen since they were going to get breakfast. But who knew? Maybe Mingi has a secret bakery here somewhere where he bakes his very own croissants.

That would be wonderful.

Soon Hongjoong found out where they were going. Mingi opened another huge door and Hongjoong let out a big "wow".

The open door revealed a huge dining room. Not just any dining room, but one with two long tables, countless chairs and perfectly arranged plates and glasses.

One end of one of the tables was full of food. Hongjoong stared at what looked like the amount of food he ate in a week. Vegetables, fruits, bacon, bread and pastries... it all was there.

"What are you waiting for?"

"I, I don't know. This is.. this is all too good. This can't be real."

"It is real Hongjoong. Now c'mon before the bacon gets cold."

Hongjoong nodded and walked to the table with Mingi behind him. He sat down and looked over the selection. There was absolutely everything you could imagine. It was almost overwhelming.

Hongjoong decided to start his day with a croissant and nutella. You can't go wrong with that.

🌹🌹🌹

The two men ate in silence. Hongjoong mainly because he was hungry and busy with tasting every single thing he found. And when he wasn't eating he either staring at the ceiling, out of the window or at Mingi who was focusing on his bowl of cereal.

Mingi was silent for some odd reason that Hongjoong didn't know. He wasn't eating that much and what was even weirder was that he avoided Hongjoong's eyes.

"Mingi?"

The redhead looked up with raised eyebrows, telling Hongjoong that Mingi was listening.

"So... how did we get here?" Hongjoong asked. He was suddenly really nervous. Not because Mingi was there, but because he was a bit afraid of the answer. What if Mingi was a criminal? What if he kidnapped Hongjoong and was now going to torture him to get even more money?