🌹 4 🌹

(Mingi pov.)

Creeped out Mingi was running through the darkened city, illuminated by few lamps and several windows. The sidewalk he was on was wet and slippery, which wasn't such a problem as he had unnatural stability.

And even if there wasn't a stability, he would still run like his life depended on it. There was nothing that could stop him. Not when Hongjoong was calling him.

When he heard Hongjoong's voice in his head while falling asleep he got really scared. Hearing voices wasn't considered good. What about hearing a voice of the incredibly handsome man  who brought you happiness?

Mingi brushed it off as some kind of hallucination that his crazed brain created to make him feel a little bit better. Hongjoong was miles away from his castle, there was no way Mingi could actually hear what he was saying.

But then he heard Hongjoong begging Mingi to save him.

And Mingi realised that he was indeed hearing Hongjoong. And boy was he scared. What happened? Who dared to hurt his man?

His man? Since when Hongjoong was his man?

Doesn't matter. Mingi wanted Hongjoong to be happy and right now the man from the bar was far away from that. Logically, Mingi had to fix it.

And so he dressed up in whatever shirt he found and jumped out of the window. Some old ancient instinct told him to do so. Or it was just that Mingi was crazy about Hongjoong.

And now he was here, far away from his luxurious hallways, in the middle of modern city full of coldhearted people. He could feel Hongjoong was nearby, he was here somewhere...

But where?

Mingi walked in a direction that felt right, but instantly turned back. Nope, Hongjoong had to be in one of these apartment buildings. Something told him so. He didn't know what it was and why did it exist and why right Hongjoong, but it was like this and he couldn't do anything about it. Not like he wanted to.

The vampire slowly wandered around the tall buildings and tried to catch something that would lead him to Hongjoong. God why didn't he ask his address before? That would make things easier.

But no. His head just didn't have the ability to think straight when Hongjoong was near. All the important information he should know wasn't there, because Mingi didn't really think Hongjoong would ever need him in the middle of night. Mingi had no idea Hongjoong would remember him.

As he was walking through the narrow sidewalks and between the buildings Mingi heard soft sobs. They weren't coming from place on his height level, they were in his head. The same when he heard Hongjoong call him.

Hongjoong was in this building. This boring grey one. Mingi was sure about it.

The vampire flew up. Vampires could fly even if they weren't in bat form. It was more like floating, but it worked well.

Mingi rose up until he was on the very top. That was where he saw an open window with cold light coming from inside.

And the sobs were there too. But now they weren't in Mingi's head. They were coming from inside.

The vampire softly landed on the window frame. He looked around the room he saw and examined the place. It was a spacy living room with big flat TV and boring grey sofa. There was a bag and coat laying on the floor. Someone threw them there.

Otherwise the room was empty. Mingi stepped inside and slowly walked to the coat. He took the light fabric and cheered in his head.

The coat belonged to Hongjoong. Mingi has found him.

The vampire stood up and looked for any open doors. He saw one, creating a black hole in the white walls. Mingi walked towards the door, hands trembling and heart racing. He was close...

He slowly pushed the door open and peeked inside.

There he was. Laying in his bed, hair messy and cheeks stained with tears. Far from the elegance he knew from the bar.

"Hongjoong?"

The man on the bed froze. He slowly turned his head to Mingi. The usually happy eyes were now pure grief and maybe a slight disbelief.

"Min? What-"

"You called me. What happened? Who is the reason behind this? Who do I kill? ARE YOU OKAY!?"

Hongjoong stared at him dumbfounded, probably half asleep if not fully, and not sure if this was really happening or if it was a dream. Then he made grabby hands at Mingi.

The vampire, though he wasn't sure if he was doing the right thing, sat next to the older and hugged him. Hongjoong buried his face in Mingi's neck and said something.

"What was it? Didn't quite hear you."

"Get me away."

Mingi hummed and shifted a bit so he could pick up Hongjoong. He picked the man up bridal style, Hongjoong put his arms around his neck and held on tight. The vampire walked to the window.

"Hold on tight."

And then he jumped.

🌹🌹🌹

They were back in Mingi's castle in an hour. Hongjoong was sound asleep in Mingi's arms and the vampire was busy planning what is he going to do now.

Hongjoong was with him, he was safe. He probably wanted to sleep somewhere nice and warm, so he probably needed a bed. Mingi can't just put him in a coffin. The poor guy would freak out.

Mingi flew inside through the open window and landed in the smaller entrance hall. He carefully walked up the stairs and looked for the best room for Hongjoong. Of course, he could just put him in the first bed he found but Mingi cared about Hongjoong. He wanted him to feel comfortable while sleeping and when waking up.

After a short search Mingi found the room that matched Hongjoong's apartment the best. It wasn't nearly as boring and grey, but it was simple. The walls were cream white, with golden details on the ceiling and dark wooden furniture. It had a big window leading to a balcony with a perfect view on the surrounding mountains.

The vampire carefully laid Hongjoong in the bed, and covered his small body with the thick and heavy blanket. The man frowned in his sleep and turned to his side, hugging one of the numerous pillows.

Mingi sat next to his bed for the following hour. He didn't know why he stayed there. He could've gone to sleep himself.

But Hongjoong kept him there, somehow. He looked so... fragile. The perfect face was scrunched a bit, the white hair splattered on the pillow, the small hands fisting the blanket. The occasional snort and the never-ending calm breaths, it all just amazed Mingi.

He didn't know why Hongjoong wanted to run away. He didn't know if he even meant it. It was possible that Hongjoong wouldn't be here the next morning, that he would just run away again.

And Mingi was ready for it. He was prepared for a scared scream tomorrow, signaling that Hongjoong woke up. He totally expected the man to yell at him and demand going back home.

What will he do then? He can't fly during the white day. Hongjoong can't see him fly for God's sake.

What was Mingi thinking? He was a vampire. Vampires are known for their cruelty and betrays. How could Mingi explain Hongjoong that he wasn't going to take his soul? Hongjoong was a human. Humans were afraid of vampires.

Logically, Hongjoong should be afraid of Mingi.

This couldn't work. Hongjoong was going to leave him.

Mingi could as well stay for a little bit more. If this was the last time he could look at Hongjoong, he would take the most of it.