🌹 8 🌹

(Mingi pov)

Hongjoong was adorable.

Like, extremely cute, no matter what he was doing.

For example right now he was choosing which roses he wanted in his room. He was skipping around the rose garden and sniffing every kind of flower he found. Everything from the giant bushes to cherry trees to cute small dandelions on the green grass.

Every time the white haired man found something to sniff, his whole face scrunched adorably. Sometimes he clapped his hands when he found something he really liked.

He even managed to fall into one bush covered in white roses. Luckily this one didn't have thorns, otherwise this would be a catastrophe.

But it wasn't one. Hongjoong crawled back to the marble path with white rose petals stuck in his hair, with wide smile showing his perfect white teeth

And Mingi would swear he melted in the exact moment he saw the cute man sitting on the ground, laughing his butt off, illuminated by the summer sun.

He even felt something warm spreading through him. His nose tickled once again and his face was hot.

This happened really often since the day Hongjoong came to him. He woke up everyday, feeling bored for brief two seconds before he remembered the human sleeping somewhere in the castle. And instantly, without a missing beat, he felt this something in his head.

What was it?

"Hongjoong are you okay? Do you need help?"

"Nah, I'm fine. Can we take these to the dressing room? They smell like sparkles."

Where was he finding these descriptions? And why was he so damn cute?

"Like sparkles?"

Hongjoong nodded enthusiastically. He picked few of the petals and hopped to the vampire, shoving the petals to the taller's face.

"Yes! There are two parts of the smell. One is stronger and more dominant, it's what you smell when you don't think about it that much. And then there's the second smell, that is hidden under the stronger one. It's lighter and in this particular flower it's a bit colder."

Mingi nodded slightly, surprised and confused. He never thought about roses like this.

But now that Hongjoong babbled about different parts and weird associations, it all made sense. There were two parts of the smell.

And what was weirder, it really resembled sparkles.

"Do you get it?"

"I think so. These are nice. Which dressing room do you want them in?"

"You have more than that one? Wait, of course you do. We're in a castle after all. Well, I want them in that one I reorganized yesterday. Is that okay?"

Mingi looked at the man through the petals he still still had in his face. Hongjoong was glowing. Like, literally, the man was happy beyond limits.

"Of course it's okay. Now weren't we searching for something for your room?"

Hongjoong clasped his hands together when he remembered the original purpose of their small walk. He threw the white rose petals in the air and ran forward on the path, still occasionally stopping to smell some new flower.

And Mingi followed, with few white roses in his hands, and wondered how he even found this small ray of sunshine.

🌹🌹🌹

"MINGI! Come here!"

The vampire flew to the human, already preparing defensive spells to shield Hongjoong from everything bad.